InStyle's New Owner Confirms Plan to Kill Print Edition

About ten years ago, I loved buying American InStyle, they were often really thick issues, and like US Bazaar, it was full of generic glamour. It was an easy read. I probably preferred it to the UK edition, which went online-only in 2016 and I can't say I've ever given the content a second look since then, and this will be no different.
I remember those days, too -- the good ol' days...lately InStyle's been 100 pages or less.

I see "InStyle's New Owner Confirms Plan to Kill Prin" and I'm like "..ce who?!"

Entertainment Weekly's had some pretty iconic covers/issues, sad.

Reactions: KoV
I can't help but feel a bit bad Entertainment Weekly, because I cancelled my library's subscription to the magazine when it was time to renew our magazines. :innocent:

These CEO's thinking that just turning everything digital is the solution....is like when old people buy their iphone because they think it's better....but killing all those magazines i don't know...

I agree on the comment above, while LB In Style had some hits and a lot of misses, the best years of In Style (beside the 90's) were Ariel Foxman time...

This affects to the other IS editions? or those are franchise? anyone know?

Lots of industry folk coming out in support of InStyle and Laura Brown like Samira Nasr and Cindi Leive, with former editor Ariel Foxman voicing his thoughts here:

Laura Brown, if you are ever here again I just want to let you know that even though you have a really sour relationship with TFS members, I do still have my appreciation for your dedication to fashion. Wish you the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Augustina15
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->