Apple's iPhone

solg

meet the press
Reaction score
Capping literally years of speculation on perhaps the most intensely followed unconfirmed product in Apple's history -- and that's saying a lot -- the iPhone has been announced today. Yeah, we said it: "iPhone," the name the entire free world had all but unanimously christened it from the time it'd been nothing more than a twinkle in Stevie J's eye. Sweet, glorious specs of the 11.6 millimeter device (that's frickin' thin, by the way) include a 3.5-inch 480 x 320 touchscreen display with multi-touch support and a proximity sensor to turn off the screen when it's close to your face, 2 megapixel cam, 4GB or 8 GB of storage, Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR and A2DP, WiFi that automatically engages when in range, and quad-band GSM radio with EDGE. Perhaps most amazingly, though, it somehow runs OS X with support for Widgets, Google Maps, and Safari, and iTunes (of course) with CoverFlow out of the gate. A partnership with Yahoo will allow all iPhone customers to hook up with free push IMAP email. Apple quotes 5 hours of battery life for talk or video, with a full 16 hours in music mode -- no word on standby time yet. The 4GB iPhone will go out the door in the US as a Cingular exclusive for $499 on a two-year contract, 8GB for $599. Ships Stateside in June, Europe in fourth quarter, Asia in 2008.

4380ccy.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/
http://www.apple.com
(more information on the links above)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^i am so excited for this phone. im not a particular fan of apple but i think this phone is soo awesome!

Wow! Prada mobile who? Prada mobile what?
Apple is amazing when it comes to technology. This is one loaded phone! :shock:

OMG finally an apple phone! this is gonna be awesome! :woot:

I agree no one comes close to apple when it comes to techie stuff!

what's great about this phone is its touch screen :woot: no tiny keys to fumble and the screen is HUGE :woot: but i will wait 8 months to a year after it comes out. just to get rid of any glitches of the first 1 billion shipments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the design, ugh I hate my Chocolat LG phone now that I've seen this one. Note, I've only had my LG for 4 days.

ugh.. what makes me sad is knowing that about 5 months after the phone is released it will be obsolete because apple will have released a newer version.

none the less, it looks amazing. i wonder how many songs it will hold/ if it well get cheaper?

^ Just what I was thinking. Amazing design, but I'm not switching to Cingular.

Is Cingular really that bad? I think I'll probably switch when this comes out, im pretty psyched for it!

MJCouture said:
Is Cingular really that bad? I think I'll probably switch when this comes out, im pretty psyched for it!
Good God Cingular is horrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->