Apple's iPhone

I like that Apple is getting with the big screen program. I think that the smaller version should still (hopefully) fit in pockets and that great big version should be nice for those who don't want to carry around their iPads everywhere. It almost seems like a best of both worlds to me - plus I've seen the amazing oversized screens on my friend's Samsung and damn if my iPhone 5 doesn't seem puny by comparison. Looking forward to getting the 6!

i own an iPhone 5 but still havent upgraded to iOS 8, can somebody tell me how does ir work? i havent upgraded basically because im still unsure if it works fine in an iphone 5 and because aparentely my iphone doesn't have enough free storage for the upgrade

i don't really like this upgrades to be heavier and heavier, i don't really want to delete any apps or music to just upgrade something...
is it really worth it?

^ same iphone and same problem, I had to delete 2,200 of my 2,500 pictures, that's the only way I could upgrade. The changes are barely noticeable, somehow safari feels weird (it's crashed a couple times since when it was very rare- often my mistake). One awesome addition is that you can now go through all the images exchanged on imessage (you don't have to scroll up through months of conversation to find a specific picture anymore). In your emails you can also swipe fast to the left and they're automatically removed (you don't have to select trash anymore). You can also swipe to the right and mark them as unread, which does nothing to me.

Other than that I only benefitted from my decision to remove my crazy amount of pictures there, I was too sentimental for too long. :lol:

(I read the iphone 6 bends :/ )

^yeah i got some advices and decided that im not upgrading yet. (aparentely from my mac i could upgrade because it uses less storage) also i heard that sometimes the signal of the phone does not work and that they already have updated a new version iOS 8.0.1 so i guess i'll wait till they update and get those bug fix and maybe ill downloaded there.

as for the iphone 6, omg i heard that!! i think that possibly the worst scenario for everyone i mean it is bad marketing and obviously how could possibly create something that wasn't strong enough?? i personally don't have in my mind changing my iphone soon. the power on/off button doesn't work anymore, but other than that it works just fine :wink:

I had to delete some apps, music that I downloaded and had stored (I can still play it though since it's automatically on my iCloud) and send ton of my pics to Dropbox so I can make room for the iOS8 upgrade but I was told on another forum if you upgrade your devices through iTunes and connect your iPhone or iPad you don't need as much memory.

I do agree that Safari seems a bit slower on iOS 8. I do hope they fix the problems on IOS 8.01 soon, I ordered the iPhone 6 and it should arrive on Wednesday. I do hate that Apple charges so much for memory, I'm glad the new phones have 16gb, 64gb and 128gb but it's ridiculous to pay $100 - $200 dollars more just for that while other phones you can just buy a memory card if you need more space, I got the 64gb so hopefully I won't need to buy space on my iCloud (and with recent hacks I'm not too comfy storing many things there, specially passwords and credit card info since it only requires my 4 digit pin to look at all of them through my device) I do look forward to the fingerprint scan, well kind of.

I hope the iPhone 6 isn't that big, I'm so used to my smaller phone and the weight it has, Im always tempted to throw it at something a la Naomi just because it fits my hand so well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here who is using iPhone 6 now? I'm planning to buy an iPhone soon but I can't decided between 5S or 6. I don't really like the appearance of iPhone6 since it looks like the smartphones from other brands... also I don't even know whether it works fine? Can anyone here give me a brief review on its pros and cons? Thanks :smile:

I'm late so I'm not sure if you already made your choice, but I can speak to this as I've been using the newer iPhone for the past few weeks.

Pros:

- Screen is much crisper / sharper. I find myself using the phone to watch video a lot more than I did with the 5

- Despite larger size phone is very light, easy to use.

- Battery life is MUCH improved

- Camera is MUCH improved

Cons:

- It is a really big ol phone, but I am using the 6 Plus so I brought that on myself didn't I :rofl:

- The phone is a bit slippery without a case. Perhaps slippery is the wrong word but the edges are very smooth so there isn't anything to really grip onto and its easy for it to slide out of ones hand without a proper case.

But yeah for anyone who is looking to upgrade it is a perfectly nice phone and I've had no real trouble with it. If you're already used to an iPhone interface it isn't that different and as far as the basic things like making calls, taking pictures and using Apps the phone is great at all of that.

Eh... I wanted the 6 and my carrier would happily throw a few at my person, but after upgrading my other iOS devices to iOS 8 I'm miffed. I've never had any issues with Apple (for years!) stuff until this mess, it's smoother and faster, yes, generally, but iOS 8 (even with the patch) tends to be extremely unstable, native apps like Safari or iBooks crash, there are freezing issues which drive me insane and I find myself screaming in frustration at phone/pad/pod. Drives me nuts and together with the new photo library has turned me off iPhone 6 for the time being. Lack of alternatives bother me as well, because I also own a phone runnning Android so I know for a fact it sucks, and now iPhone is starting to suck as well. They better fix this mess...

Pretty iphone 6 cases!

Hey everybody :smile:

So I just got the iphone 6 and I'm looking for a beautiful case for it. I thought it'd be a good idea to share pictures/links of the ones you have or like for inspiration? I can't seem to find a lot of pretty ones for the 6, but I kind of like the iphoria nail polish cases.. What do you think?

Looking forward to your posts :smile:

This is a cool thread idea because it is actually quite hard to find a really cute iPhone 6 / 6 Plus case. I feel like all the really fun cases are still being made for the 5 - which is fine, I think the fact that the phone is smaller almost lends itself to having an oversized case, but gosh darn it 6 users need cute cases too! :mrgreen:

The best I've found are from this company Sonix, they come in a lot of nice varieties with florals and cute transparent versions too.

Moschino just came out with a case in their last capsule collection which is an adorable kitschy bear, but I don't think it comes for the 6 plus yet - they need to hurry up with that :judge:

This is a cool thread idea because it is actually quite hard to find a really cute iPhone 6 / 6 Plus case. I feel like all the really fun cases are still being made for the 5 - which is fine, I think the fact that the phone is smaller almost lends itself to having an oversized case, but gosh darn it 6 users need cute cases too! :mrgreen:

The best I've found are from this company Sonix, they come in a lot of nice varieties with florals and cute transparent versions too.

Moschino just came out with a case in their last capsule collection which is an adorable kitschy bear, but I don't think it comes for the 6 plus yet - they need to hurry up with that :judge:

Oh, that Moschino collection is precisely why I came to this thread to ask about iPhone 6 plus cases.

I really need something cute - lovely link to the Sonix cases.

I still have the iPhone 5C, and am thinking of changing to a phone which takes SD cards once its contract is up. Fashion be damned - I want my music and photographs.

I finally upgraded from an iPhone 5 to 6S and there's noticeable improvement. Very happy with my purchase. :smile:

I have an iPhone 6 and a Kate Spade coral striped case. Pretty happy with both ...

Since getting an iPad Air 2 I rarely use my iPhone for browsing the net; it's essentially only used for texting and making phone calls....

I could prolly get by with a flip phone if they still made 'em....

I'm still gonna upgrade, but I don't see any need for a plus anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->