Jil Sander F/W 2013.14 Milan

A marvelous collection from Jil Sander, I think she really succeeded in creating 'new' investment pieces that have always formed the core values of her brand, yet offering more than just your classical chesterfield coat or pantsuit. Her play with volumes, in particular the drop shoulders, swinging backs and articulated sleeves on most of her coats and jackets are just perfect, the lengths and proportions exactly on point - A quality that Raf Simons' efforts for the house have often times been lacking, especially towards the end, in favor of busy conceptualism. These clothes are effortlessly scultpural, intricately thought-out yet easy to understand. If only more designers would do clothes like this...

So good :blush: She really can't do wrong in my eyes. My fave collection so far.

This is superb. I didn't like the spring show at all, but this....:heart:

It looks very Raf-but-better to me, but in a way that reveals how influenced Raf is by Jil. :P

agreed laika!!

i'm so tired of hearing that "i miss raf by jil" routine....raf's aesthetic here was largely influenced by jil only interpreted in raf's conceptual leanings.

but i adore this and i loved last season too but this feels even more concise and put together. it actually reminds me of the old days of jil.....that was my immediate thought. she's just very true to her aesthetic.

Really like color palate, very rich and luxurious. I was very excited at the beginning, but later it was so boring. It's not bad, but not groundbreaking. I love minimalism, I love Jil Sander, but it's boring :smile:

Yes, it is great concerning the construction, colors, wearability etc, but it also makes it boring. I Like the little details e.g. the gold at the end of the show.

it just baffles me that both Jil and Raf are so amazing with colors yet choose some of the palest girls to wash it out. I can't love this collection because the redundancy of paleness killed the colors

stellar collection, the coats especially are some of the best I've seen so far this season:heart:

The way that these clothes move are magical!

Agree, these draped dresses look stunning in motion.

Beautiful show, so many gorgeous and beautifully made pieces. I especially love the black section in the end, the fur coat on Sigrid and closing dress on Kirstin are to die for. Fantastic setting and soundtrack too, I'm so glad Frédéric is collaborating with Jil again.

What a letdown after such a beautiful collection last season. I was floored just by how mundane most of the looks were. Watching the collection was no more exciting than going grocery shopping. And I didn't see any movement in the pieces either, they all seemed very stiff to me. And I absolutely hated the hair and makeup. All girls looked like condoms.

:wub: That coat in look 31!!!

I love it all; it's strong, wearable and elegant at once. Go Jil!

(Those paint drip sweaters, esp the black on charcoal - I want...).

I love the pocket design, and the little bars of colour or shine.

The bags and shoes are great too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flawless outerwear and tailoring as expected, she's an absolute master of cut. Love the proportions, love the colour pallet and the shoes are just plain gorgeous.

She should definitely get rid of her current shoe and bag designers. The accessories don't speak the same intellectual and subtle language as her clothes do. Those shoes especially are once again way too overthought and could be by any label from Proenza Schouler to Burberry Prorsum. Really not feeling them. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->