Joan Collins

Joan Collins and Stephanie Beacham are back together, working to send themselves up in a new advert for Snickers (dailymail.co.uk / youtube.com/telegraphtv:(

Joan with Percy at Le Petit Four in West Hollywood (dailymail.co.uk:(

At a book signing in Selfridges in London for "The World According to Joan" (dailymail.co.uk:(
It is a busy week of promotions for the star, who also made an appearance on the Graham Norton Show, and will make a week-long appearance at the Leicester Square Theatre with her one woman show next week.

Joan talks jeans (dailymail.co.uk:(

Miss Collins, who has never been shy about dishing out advice to women, said denim should be avoided by the over-40s.

‘Frankly, [wearing jeans] just makes everyone look the same,’ she said. ‘One of the things about being glamorous is that you have to find your own look.’

She told BBC Breakfast: ‘If you must wear jeans, which are rarely glamorous in women over 40, wear dark blue or black and pair them with t-shirts that are fitted or jackets that are classically cut.’

The star added that she had been advised by Hollywood actress Claudette Colbert to make sure she was stylish and that the clothes she picked suited her.

Miss Collins, who was discussing glamour tips from her new book, The World According to Joan, said: ‘A lot of the best dressed [older women] have defined their look. My advice is to find a style that suits you and stick to it.’

Nancy Dell'Olio corners Joan at The Lighthouse Gala in London; also with Jerry Hall and Tracey Emin (dailymail.co.uk:(

Last edited by a moderator:
At the Royal Academy of Arts in London to pay tribute to The Queen, alongside Shirley Bassey and Kate O'Mara (dailymail.co.uk:(

Jackie and Joan with their brother Bill at 34 Restaurant in Mayfair, London; with Tramp nightclub founder Johnny Gold; greeting Rod Stewart (dailymail.co.uk:(

Joan chats with Ivana Trump (in a white tracksuit) in St Tropez; out with Percy (dailymail.co.uk:(

With Percy at the Salon de Prestige d'Arts et d'Antiquites in Saint Tropez (dailymail.co.uk:(

At a pre-Grammy party in Beverly Hills (dailymail.co.uk:(

Photographer: David Seymour (1954)

Photographer: Richard Kalvar (1985)

Photographer: Elliott Landy (1968)

magnumphotos

^^She does she was billed as "The British Answer to Elizabeth Taylor" she is an actress her sister Jackie is the author, although Joan worte couple of books aswell if i am not mistaken.I read her autobiography years ago and it was lots of fun, i just LOVED how OTT her wardrobe in Dynasty was hahah.

That's kind of strange to bill her the british answer to Elizabeth Taylor. Liz was British herself. I've always heard Joan was considered at the time the Poor Mans Liz Taylor, which she didn't take kind too, and I don't blame her. Both of them are beautiful woman with talent in there own right. Joan is still fashionable and stylish in my opinion. I truly miss Liz. She was a great beauty of style too.

Joan Collins with Jerry Hall, and husband Percy, at the Denise Rich annual party in St Tropez (dailymail.co.uk:(

At ITV’s studios to appear on Loose Women as part of her promotion for autobiography number five, Passion for Life (dailymail.co.uk:(

Presenting at the Bad Sex in Fiction Awards (dailymail.co.uk:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->