John Galliano S/S 2012 Paris

christian zh

Reaction score
First look

2011-10-02-11-51-22-john-galliano-2017.jpg

nowfashion.com

WWWOWWW That's how you mess with people's brand!
This doens't look like a Galliano show at all! And that "right arm" of John G. took really good care of his place (NOT) in dior and his own brand this guy is destroying Galliano identity and brand awarness!
I can't believe this .... at least they should stop Galliano's since he's sick! Not put someone to erase the brand with blant collections!
Where's the art and the drama!? :cry:

where is Pat McGrath? does she not do make-up for them anymore? I miss the over the top make-up

This doens't look like a Galliano show at all! And that "right arm" of John G. took really good care of his place (NOT) in dior and his own brand this guy is destroying Galliano identity and brand awarness!
I can't believe this .... at least they should stop Galliano's since he's sick! Not put someone to erase the brand with blant collections!

chill out dude

Yeah , its kind of tragic to watch now , its middling brand now with no oomph:ninja:

I completely agree. I think its completely disrespectful to take someone's namesake line away from them just for someone else to make bad versions of classic Galliano designs. I'm not condoning with anything John did, nor do I want him back at Dior, but GIVE HIM HIS LINE BACK!!!!

it actually isnt bad, and the final gowns are heavenly... it's just I dont know how you can continue a line without the creator's vision. Galliano's line allowed him to experiment a lot more with eras and silhouettes

Someone please stop that guy, the whole collection is tacky and awful :sick: It's really sad to see Galliano's brand going down the drain like this, could they not just have kept their hands off it?

From the previews I can say that the collction isn't that good. I don't like even the accessories.
Here are some more pics:

fashionshow-w.blogspot.com

It's not horrific, but it doesn't feel Galliano.
There are some very obvious ruffles and some extremely on-trend structured cocoon jackets, both of which don't feel John, the former tragically feeling like current Valentino..
I think Gaytten is too wrapped up in Dior to fully understand Galliano's own brand - it's much softer, more experimental and hence tends to be about 100% more beautiful.
It feels as if Gaytten didn't understand Galliano's exquisite use of drape, but tried to convey it with flat-pattern over-sized pieces or dresses embellished in ruffles or parts that droop.
I'm finding it hard to understand how the designer thought through that one black sheer finale dress with the strange and awquard shapes.. how he decided that it would be beautiful that way.
Galliano's clothes worked because they were draped, he could create voluminous shapes but they were flattering because they answered to the shape of the body.
As below:

00100m.jpg

style.com

chill out dude

I'm sorry but it's my opinion! :(
I rarely say bad criticism on TFS threads in general, but this situation makes me really sad because Galliano is sick and Pinault should end his line because it's John name on the table and instead he choose his "right arm" and that choice is ruining his brand, because it not translate Galliano this collection he's messing with it's identity that's why i'm angry about this situation!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill knows sh&t. He's such a mediocre ''designer''.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a bastardization of the Galliano brand.I feel like Bill & LMVH are tryng to purposefully disrespect Galliano's name, as a way oif punishing him. It's the only excuse for such a bad collection.

This is not an ugly collection, it would be lovely if this was like Nina Ricci. But this John Galliano! Where's the glamour, the drama, the crazy sophistication? This is not even 10% of what John used to do, so boring and safe.

this is so bad, it doesn't feel like galliano at all, they should really just shut the house down - its existance without john makes no sense. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->