John Galliano S/S 2012 Paris

It's a catastrophe :( It's not Galliano at all. I want to see spectacular show, incredible full make-up, amazing details in clothes and accessories... Where is it? I miss John's creation :( It's sad sad sad, i even have no words.

It's so awful....even Anna Sui is better than this!

Where is the police of Paris?
The should arrest Bill.
He is destroying the label wich more pride gave to Paris fashion story.
He is destroying the honour of Paris,
because this is a farce.

With John Galliano I've never see a bad detail close up,
but in Dior and Galliano this season I can see that Bill Gaytten doesnt work well.

He can make comercial clothes without soul.
But he dont know anything about delicacy, detail, line and beauty.

you can't do galliano without galliano...
this is Bad.
My thoughts excatly; Bill designing the John Galliano collection while John Galliano himself is still alive, creative and young enough to design, is beyond tacky.

Really? Galliano without Galliano? I know they're allowed to but you'd think they would lay off and not meddle....

The collection is nice, but Galliano not designing his own collection is probably the worst thing ever. In no way is Galliano portrayed through this collection. I see a hint of his SS 2004 collection, but nothing more. The collection is too tame to be Galliano.

It's not horrific, but it doesn't feel Galliano.
There are some very obvious ruffles and some extremely on-trend structured cocoon jackets, both of which don't feel John, the former tragically feeling like current Valentino..
I think Gaytten is too wrapped up in Dior to fully understand Galliano's own brand - it's much softer, more experimental and hence tends to be about 100% more beautiful.
It feels as if Gaytten didn't understand Galliano's exquisite use of drape, but tried to convey it with flat-pattern over-sized pieces or dresses embellished in ruffles or parts that droop.
I'm finding it hard to understand how the designer thought through that one black sheer finale dress with the strange and awquard shapes.. how he decided that it would be beautiful that way.
Galliano's clothes worked because they were draped, he could create voluminous shapes but they were flattering because they answered to the shape of the body.
As below:

00100m.jpg

style.com

I agree, perhaps if this was a collection for Valentino or even Elle Saab, it would be acceptable, but this is GALLIANO! Where is the drama, the infamous Galliano silhouette?!

Some of it is okay...but it is entirely defunct of any Galliano DNA. It is a pathetic, very pathetic, attempt to water down the line in order to make it (what else...) sellable. In a very sucky season, this really just adds insult to a very grave injury...what does LVMH have to be proud of this season?

I'm sorry but it's my opinion! :(
I rarely say bad criticism on TFS threads in general, but this situation makes me really sad because Galliano is sick and Pinault should end his line because it's John name on the table and instead he choose his "right arm" and that choice is ruining his brand, because it not translate Galliano this collection he's messing with it's identity that's why i'm angry about this situation!

100% right Miguel :flower:

the hair and make-up suck! it's as if they combined that bang from Dior S/S 2009 and the braid from F/W 2010

Everyone is being so over-dramatic about this collection. I thought that it was going to be 10 times worse and boring from the comments I've been reading. I believe that Gaytten put in a lot of effort to try to stick to the Galliano look. Obviously, it wasn't going to be a Galliano collection, and to expect that of Gaytten is moronic; it's like expecting Sarah Burton to create the same quality of clothing as McQueen did. It just wasn't going to happen. I'm thinking more dramatic make-up and a more fun runway would have made this show really good. The clothes themselves weren't ugly, if anything, some of the pieces were really nice, and to think that it was hideous or horrible is just ignorant, pretentious, and plain stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->