Junya Watanabe Sizing

faust

Reaction score
I was told in a store that Junya Watanabe makes only size Small and Medium for women. :shock: Is it true? :unsure: Has anyone heard why he does that?

i would assume it is because the stuff is generally so unconstructed...

i know that the sizing in japan is supposed to be much smaller than in western countries...

other than that i'm not sure...all my stuff is a size small... :unsure:

thats true.. most eastern women have really tiny frames in comparison the western and european women....

Searching the auctions.yahoo.co.japan (auctions page), I couldn't also see any large size, indeed:-)

went to the store where Junya section is a bit narrow space.
it would seem to me that it's a woman's world.

as for the sizing, they said they practically have three sizes.
but, as ngth pointed out, it's rare for stockists here to buy them in size Large. (none did for A/W 04)
then the sizing goes:
size Small in US is equal to size Medium in Japan.
Medium in US equal to Large in Japan.

Originally posted by runner@Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:06 am

but, as ngth pointed out, it's rare for stockists here to buy them in size Large. (none did for A/W 04)
then the sizing goes:
it's a shame, really. My poor wife :cry: .

Originally posted by runner@Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:06 am

then the sizing goes:
thanks for checking that runner... :flower:

that's very interesting...

seems odd...because i would think that a larger woman would really be the junya/cdg customer in north america...especially taller women who can carry all the fabric and draping they often use......

when it comes to the more boxy and unconstructed stuff... i usually don't even look at the size...i just pick something up and if it looks ok on...i buy it...

faust there are a couple of tops on yoox that i think might work on yelena...i have one of them and helena just bought one...they wrap around...so they should fit most people i think...and they are very very discounted... :innocent: (of course i paid full price last year... :rolleyes: :wacko: )

just a thought... :flower: :heart:

hmm well tis to bad, but I can see sens msot of his clothes sell in Japan that it would porbebly be more a wase than a gain to produce larger sizes.

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 8th, 2004 - 11:54 am

seems odd...because i would think that a larger woman would really be the junya/cdg customer in north america...especially taller women who can carry all the fabric and draping they often use......

Softgrey, that's exactly right, for Europe also. I was speaking to a woman who owns a shop in England that sells comme , yohji etc, and she was saying that her customers can never get into comme skirts, they're all too small. She bought a heap of the big yohji skirts for men this season, specifically for her women clients!

Originally posted by Johnny+Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:04 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Johnny @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:04 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jul 8th, 2004 - 11:54 am

Softgrey, that's exactly right, for Europe also. I was speaking to a woman who owns a shop in England that sells comme , yohji etc, and she was saying that her customers can never get into comme skirts, they're all too small. She bought a heap of the big yohji skirts for men this season, specifically for her women clients! [/b][/quote]
oh...!...that's one smart woman... :wink: B)

good idea... :flower:

Originally posted by Johnny@Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:04 pm

yohji etc, and she was saying that her customers can never get into comme skirts, they're all too small.
Is it true for Comme men sizing, too? :-) I would be interested in a Comme jacket in Yoox but they are all size M this autumn. I always think that Comme sizing is in generally a bit larger than usual. So I am sure I am S for Tshirts or shirts, and maybe 46 for suits :-)

I remember that last year I wanted a Tshirt with big, bold flowers or "fruits" badly. But they were just gigantic :-). Comme SA said that the size is "japanese one size".

An apeal to Yoox and any other online shop: Please make notes "shoulder, length, body width" like sellers in ebay or yahoo auctioning:-)

Originally posted by nqth+Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nqth @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Johnny@Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:04 pm

yohji etc, and she was saying that her customers can never get into comme skirts, they're all too small.
Is it true for Comme men sizing, too? :-) I would be interested in a Comme jacket in Yoox but they are all size M this autumn. I always think that Comme sizing is in generally a bit larger than usual. So I am sure I am S for Tshirts or shirts, and maybe 46 for suits :-)

I remember that last year I wanted a Tshirt with big, bold flowers or "fruits" badly. But they were just gigantic :-). Comme SA said that the size is "japanese one size".

An apeal to Yoox and any other online shop: Please make notes "shoulder, length, body width" like sellers in ebay or yahoo auctioning:-) [/b][/quote]
No, I find comme's/junya's men's sizing very forgiving and generous! Actually if I were to own a suit (yea, i don't own one :shock: ), it would be comme - because Rei seems to be the only one aware that there are guys out there who are not 6 feet tall.

I totally agree about Yoox. That's why I've always stayed away.

Originally posted by faust+Jul 8th, 2004 - 11:22 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (faust @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 11:22 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by nqth@Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:41 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Johnny
@Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:04 pm

An apeal to Yoox and any other online shop: Please make notes "shoulder, length, body width" like sellers in ebay or yahoo auctioning:-)
No, I find comme's/junya's men's sizing very forgiving and generous! Actually if I were to own a suit (yea, i don't own one :shock: ), it would be comme - because Rei seems to be the only one aware that there are guys out there who are not 6 feet tall.

I totally agree about Yoox. That's why I've always stayed away. [/b][/quote]
I ahve Junya MAN pants in a size small ( i usally where a 29-30) and I find they fit the same as other pants.

Thanks Faust :-) I will probably have one or two more suits for my whole life and they have to be Comme:-). I already have one (but not Comme:-) for my graduation and it fits very very badly.

Spacemiu, aloharag states that Junya Man jeans small are 30-31 inch in waist. I am also 28-29 :-)

Damn, you TFS guys are skinny!!! I'm 30-32, depending on the designer...

I know that this is off topic, and probably a bit dumb, but how do you pronounce this name? :blush:

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jul 8th, 2004 - 2:07 pm
I know that this is off topic, and probably a bit dumb, but how do you pronounce this name? :blush:
:lol: don't feel dumb, i pronounced it two different wrong ways, before I met someone from Japan. I'm still not sure on the first name, I think it's dju-na-ya. Last name is Wa-ta-na-be with the accent on the last syllable. Apparently Watanabe is a very popular last name in Japan, kind of like Smith.

don't feel dumb, i pronounced it two different wrong ways, before I met someone from Japan. I'm still not sure on the first name, I think it's dju-na-ya. Last name is Wa-ta-na-be with the accent on the last syllable. Apparently Watanabe is a very popular last name in Japan, kind of like Smith.

I just tried on some Junya pants last week from this summer. They were a small and fit me (I range from 30 to 32, but 28-29 in denim) well, except a bit shorter than I like (but not much). Junya's shirts are spot on for me in medium usually because I have broad shoulders. Sizes vary from collection though!

Originally posted by faust@Jul 8th, 2004 - 1:58 pm
Damn, you TFS guys are skinny!!! I'm 30-32, depending on the designer...
faust...i think they are just a lot younger...give them time... :wink: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->