Karl Lagerfeld F/W 2018.19 : Kaia Gerber by Karl Lagerfeld

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

DOUBLE DUTY: Not content with having collaborated with Karl Lagerfeld on a capsule collection dropping this fall, Kaia Gerber is cozying up to the house by featuring in the fall campaign for its main collection.
The 16-year-old model is featured in pieces from the line, inspired by Lagerfeld’s love of architecture. The designer shot the images at his 7L studio in Saint-Germain-des-Prés, with styling by Carine Roitfeld. Lagerfeld’s own photographs of Parisian architecture appear in the background. The Karl Lagerfeld x Kaia capsule collection will have its own separate advertising campaign, the brand said.
WWD. COM

The composition is great. I love it. It looks neat. However, those photographs are too generic, almost like a lookbook. I wish those pictures could tell me something about architecture, instead of just putting a structure in the background, to make it literal. I wish I could see more. I must say that in spite of everything, looks good.

idk... she looks like a soccer mom to me.

More campaign images:

VOGUE.ME

I don't like any of her expressions here. And I don't care if she is the model of the moment, this styling is ridiculous on her.

she has the same expression in every picture

Literally! Another overrated model who simply doesn't deserve all these campaigns. There are so many professional working models who'd do the setting and Karl's hideous attire for this brand more justice.

The campaign doesn't offend me as much as everyone else but I do understand the criticism, especially when it comes to Carine Roitfeld's styling (really do like Kaia's hair here, though). The images in #6 are indeed especially basic but I think mixed with Karl Lagerfeld's photos of the Paris architecture and the logo - it's not the worst Lagerfeld campaign I've come across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->