Karl Lagerfeld for Macys

thanks for the report lucy, very helpful!

i thought i might have time to check some stuff out today but my schedule suddenly got fuller than anticipated :ermm:

I'm hitting the Valley Fair store after work. Probably the second best Impulse dept in the Bay Area after the San Fran store. Not too much in the collection strikes me, but the price points are great, lower than most other brands in Impulse. I like the look of the long sleeve floral blouse.

i went to a preview event tuesday night at the macy's in union square (sf), and got the long sleeve floral blouse...
it definitely has more of a dolman sleeve thing going on, but i liked the fit (the sleeves are a little long, which i like as well)...

each person was allowed to get 2 things, and the faux leather shorts and pants seemed to be the most popular, although some friends of mine who got the shorts said the sizing was weird and that they could go up or down depending on if they wanted a slouchier fit or not...
i did hear rumblings that the sizing was weird on other pieces, and a few people noted the large keyhole in the peter pan collar dresses (making it nearly impossible to wear them without some sort of cami underneath)...

i went to a preview event tuesday night at the macy's in union square (sf), and got the long sleeve floral blouse...
it definitely has more of a dolman sleeve thing going on, but i liked the fit (the sleeves are a little long, which i like as well)...

Thanks for the input kimair! So glad to hear the sleeves run long, that's my worry. I'm tall with long arms. One more hour or so and I'm there. Hopefully they still have one.

I see more and more inconsistencies with sizing these days. I was just up at the Union Sq Macy's this past Sunday, after the Giants Race. Tried on a bunch of things, bought at Rachel Roy skirt, labeled as a 2, it looked closer to a 5 in my eyes, tried it on and it fit perfectly. I run between a 4-6 w/skirts. Oh well, I guess it's kind of nice that I fit into a 2 :blush:

Not impressed. At all.

I see absolutly nothing high fashion or Lagerfeld in these pieces...

Went to Macys. They had the blouse, but it was a different hue than the picture. It was a light to medium gray, not the burgundy/rust hue. They only had small and large left, I tried on the large and it was too big, the sleeve length was okay. The quality of the collection is good, but overall it's pretty dull. I liked the motorcycle jacket and skirt, but would never wear the two pieces together. The girls at Macys said it was slow all day, no real buzz. I opted for a BCBG dress on sale :smile:

finally got myself to macy's and what a disappointment. the quality was so cheap

i still haven't felt moved to go...
have fleeting thoughts every now and then that I should check it out but I don't think I'm interested enough and the reports from you guys about the quality and fit haven't sped me up either

let me know when it all goes on clearance, then maybe i'll take a look :P

the pink dress on lea michelle. since the dress is poorly constructed it shows her strapless bra. (dailymail.co.uk)

has anyone seen anything on clearance yet? it should be.

Attachments

• lea1.jpg
    lea1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 7
  • lea2.jpg
    lea2.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member