Kate Moss For TopShop #2

yuki.e, you look so good in that playsuit! It's really gorgeous.
I would love this dress to wear on my holidays:
60E37WYLW_normal.jpg

But they don't have it in my size, and it's limited edition, so I doubt they're going to re-stock them at all. :(
credit: topshop.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Public N°359 France May 28 - June 03, 2010

Does anyone know the white button play suit's retail price??

i dont want it to end:-(

Replaced by a younger model? Kate Moss to pull out of Topshop as Sir Philip Green's 19-year-old daughter steps into the spotlight

By Simon Cable

She has taken on and beaten younger women for two decades, but it seems supermodel Kate Moss has finally met her match - the boss's daughter.
Miss Moss is winding down her clothes-designing partnership with Topshop boss Sir Philip Green to allow the tycoon's teenage daughter to take her place.
The model will launch her 14th and final collection for the billionaire's high street store in October, just weeks after 19-year-old Chloe Green starts training with the company.

The teenager is determined to launch her own clothing range and Sir Philip has arranged for her to work at Topshop's headquarters in London's Oxford Street.

But the decision is said to have caused tension between the retailer and 36-year-old Miss Moss, who has just celebrated her 30th Vogue cover.

Such was the success of their partnership, Sir Philip once claimed he had 'two daughters' - Chloe and Kate. Miss Moss has earned £3million and millions more in revenue for the retailer thanks to the popularity of her designs.
However, Chloe has harboured dreams of being a fashion designer since she began helping her father choose new collections for his outlets at the age of ten.
She has frequently been seen alongside Miss Moss at fashion shows around the world.
In an interview last year, Chloe said: 'Hopefully, one day I might design a "Chloe Green at Topshop" range. I've not really thought it through yet. But I don't think it's asking too much.'
She is said to accompany her father to his offices twice a week to learn how he runs the business.
A Topshop worker revealed: 'Kate has made us hip, but we've heard there's been a falling-out over the boss's daughter.'
A fashion insider said: 'Kate Moss's range has not been selling at the same rate that it was and was in danger of running out of steam.
'At one point she was doing six collections a year but they cut it back to two a year because they could not sustain it and that is when it started to falter.
'Chloe has been a fully fledged fashion diva since the age of 15 and sits on the front row at catwalk shows. She has grand plans to have her own fashion range.'
Sir Philip has denied having a row with the supermodel. He said Miss Moss had too many other work commitments to continue working with Topshop.
Miss Moss's designs include bags, shoes belts and dresses, with prices ranging from £12 for a vest top to £150 for a cropped leather jacket.
Sir Philip said: 'Kate has done 14 collections with us. It has been fantastic for us and fantastic for her, but they take more and more time and she cannot do this full-time any more.'
Miss Moss also designs handbags for Longchamp, has her own fragrance range and has been signed up for Spanish fashion house Balenciaga and French designer Isabel Marant.

dailymail.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir Philip Green said Sunday he planned to reorganize the Kate Moss for Topshop business, with the last full collection due for delivery Oct. 25, and a series of smaller capsule collections going forward.

“We’ve honed it down to a smaller base,” said Green in a telephone interview Sunday. “She’s done brilliantly well, but to produce these collections takes time, real time. We thought it would be better to go forward with something smaller. That’s a better way forward.”

Green said there was no issue other than time involved in the decision. With the last full collection to be delivered at the end of October, Topshop plans to produce a few pieces from Moss’ very first collection for the retailer that are still in demand. Green said other special, numbered pieces will also be produced. Earlier this year, Green had already made a decision to downsize the number of Kate Moss for Topshop drops from six each year to two.

Industry sources close to Moss described the existing contract as having “reached its natural conclusion.”

In the future, Green said he envisions releasing Kate Moss capsule collections two to three times a year, with 12 to 15 pieces each. “That will be easier for us, we’ll do something fun,” he said.

Green also denied speculation in the British press that the arrival of his daughter Chloe Green at the business had any influence on the Kate Moss decision. “It had nothing to do with Chloe. She’s never worked in the company and she’s starting work at the business after the holidays,” he said.

Moss’ collection for Topshop launched to much fanfare in 2007, when the model posed in the window of the retailer’s Oxford Street flagship to unveil the line. Green called the line’s launch “sensational,” after customers around the U.K. queued in droves to buy a piece of the model’s celebrated style. Aside from her Topshop collection, Moss has a fragrance line with Coty Inc., designs a collection of bags for Longchamp and appears in fall campaigns for David Yurman and Isabel Marant.

wwd / august 30, 2010

thanks for the clarification kimair. i was worried that the line was coming to end. :flower:

i agree 6 collections a year was too much. it can be hard for a consumer to "keep up".

it seems like they are re-introducing the "classic" items earlier than expected. the Diamante Collar Dress is almost exactly the same as a dress they sold 2 years ago.

Contrary to wild speculation and rumour in recent days, Topshop has just released a statement stating that its partnership with Kate Moss is far from over.

Instead of putting her name to seasonal collections, timed to spring-summer and autumn-winter, Mossy will now be working with Topshop's design team to produce Limited Edition 'drop-in' collections.
The move makes sound business and fashion sense; much more attuned to Kate's spontaneous style. Rather than being tied to particular schedules, it appears she will now be more of a free agent, and like a 'fashion magpie', able to unearth looks as and when they take her fancy and have them translated into best-sellers.
To mark her new chapter with the British high street giant, Kate has personally chosen her Top Ten all-time favourites from her past 14 collections. These will be sold under a new label, 'Iconic Kate', and will include the pansy-print day dress from her first-ever collection, launched in May 2007, the black one-shoulder skating dress, and the panther mini-dress.
"Topshop can confirm that the inimitable fashion partnership between Kate Moss and Topshop will enter a new phase in 2011," the statement said. "In the new format, Kate and the Topshop design team will focus on creating Limited Edition drop-in collections, replacing the current Seasonal Collections".
Kate's last full "seasonal collection", will go on sale worldwide, on October 28th, and will feature the model's signature boho-chic, with pretty day-dresses, uber-glam evening gowns, vintage-inspired knits and a new range of semi-precious jewellery.

telegraph.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->