Kate Winslet

james

Reaction score
she's my favourite actress, and seems to be really nice and kinda "ordinary". she's also really beautiful, and she has great style. I did some research here, but couldn't find a thread about her, though I know here's many people who like her. I decided to make this kinda thread myself, so just post your pictures and thoughts here,please!:flower:

I love Kate. She is beautiful, and an amazing actress. I love her style too. :D

Not only is she one of the greatest actresses of our generation but she is, more importantly, modest, real, intelligent and down-to-earth and keeps an air of mystery about herself and her life which is lacking in so many others......

really beautiful face too...
http://www.admiringkate.com/ven87.jpg

Attachments

• venice14.jpg
    venice14.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 50
  • venice2.jpg
    venice2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 26
  • venice19.jpg
    venice19.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 38
  • kate_sammendes_300.jpg
    kate_sammendes_300.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,378
Last edited by a moderator:
I just read a really interesting quote from her, it was something like " it's weird that being an actress nowadays means how do you look and what do you wear" or something. really true.

btw, how can I post pics here? because I have this most stunning pic of her, and I wish I could post it...

hey james, i dont know if there is some quicker way to post pics but what i do is: save the pic to my computer and then go to manage attachments option on the reply page. then browse pics & click on the pic you want, then upload it. et viola!

some older pics that I had

Attachments

• CamelSuit.jpg
    CamelSuit.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 1,308
  • Kimono.jpg
    Kimono.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,304
  • PinkGown2.jpg
    PinkGown2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Wedding2.jpg
    Wedding2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 41
She seems really down to earth and I think it's so great that after Titanic she didn't start doing some big budget films and be on the cover of every tabloid telling about her love life. I think it tells a lot of her character. She is really beautiful and I'm so happy she has refused to lose weight in order to possibly be more successful or something.
(You can so tell that I really like her, huh?) :blush:

A few gorgeous pictures of her from dicoverkate.com

Attachments

• regan-cameron_01.jpg
    regan-cameron_01.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 20
  • kate1.jpg
    kate1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Annie_Leibovitz_02.jpg
    Annie_Leibovitz_02.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 44
  • cameron_03b.jpg
    cameron_03b.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 379
james said:
I just read a really interesting quote from her, it was something like " it's weird that being an actress nowadays means how do you look and what do you wear" or something. really true.

btw, how can I post pics here? because I have this most stunning pic of her, and I wish I could post it...

Hi James -

Click "Post Reply" at the bottom left of the thread (after the last post). Then click "Manage Attachments" in your reply screen. Click the "Browse" button on the attachments pop-up window and browse to the image on your computer and double click it. The image name should now be populated in the box next to the "Browse" button in the management window. Now click "Upload". Wait for it to upload and then it should appear at the bottom of the window as uploaded. Close the window and submit your post. The attachments will never show up when you preview the post, but they will show up when you actually submit the post. Hope this helps. Can't wait to see the pic!! Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions about attaching pics. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! She looks great, thanks Carlitta... I have always liked her so much. She is very refreshing.

Curious said:
Hi James -

Click "Post Reply" at the bottom left of the thread (after the last post)...

Doh :blush:. I just realized that Carlitta already addressed this. And much more concisely at that. Sorry mods.

ok, let's see if I got it right...
this should be a phot from Venice promoting Finding Neverland or something...

Attachments

• ven46.jpg
    ven46.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 30
I DID IT! I DID IT!!!! thanks for all who gave advice!!!now I'm going to post some more...

here's some I find beautiful...

Attachments

• iris_londonprem_kate.jpg
    iris_londonprem_kate.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 21
  • kate00.jpg
    kate00.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 35
  • kate2.jpg
    kate2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 32
  • winslet_1.jpg
    winslet_1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 993
For me, she has no style. Did you see her, when she was presenting at the Oscars, she was walking like a horse. She is good actress, but have no presence.

She's a spectacular actress and in interviews she always comes across as lovely and very grounded :heart: I'm not a huge fan of all her style choices, but I respect the fact that she always seems to dress in a manner that suits her personality/mood etc. I have no idea if I'm making sense :lol: Suffice to say, at times she can look wonderful - like in that blue dress she wore to a recent awards show, I forget which. I'll try to find & post a pic of it :blush:

I've liked Kate Winslet as an actress for a really long time. She doesn't seem to have a big ego and can slip into different character roles very convincingly. Some actors, like David Duchovney seem to be able to only play one character (In his case, Mulder) but a great many of Kate Winslet's roles have been pretty radically different from one another, yet each was well executed and believable.

Plus I think she has an extraordinary ordinary beauty. Strong features which are well suited to conveying subtle expression and an old-school bombshell figure that should help convince non-believers that women come in sizes other than 2.

She's always come off as very self-posessed, witty, and slightly mischievous in interviews, like somebody who frankly enjoys her job and has a strong interest in working her craft to as high of quality as possible, and for that I respect her.

Plus, she used to be infamous for her combat-boot-wearing, and thus I consider her somewhat a sister under the skin :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->