Keane Singer in Rehab

KhaoticKharma

Amour Comme Hiver
Reaction score
Sad, sad news :cry:

A planned U.S. tour by Keane has been postponed while singer Tom Chaplin is being treated for drug and alcohol addiction, the British band said Tuesday.

In a statement posted on the band's Web site, Chaplin, 27, said he was "having to deal with an increasing problem with drink and drugs, and the time has come to get the professional help I need to sort myself out."

The tour had been due to start in Chicago on Sept. 7.

"I feel desperately disappointed to be letting down our fans, but I want to get myself right now so that I can be back on the road for the rest of the year," Chaplin said.

Keane had already canceled several appearances, citing Chaplin's "exhaustion."

The trio released their melodic debut album, "Hopes and Fears," in 2004. Their second album, "Under the Iron Sea," entered the British album charts at No. 1 when it was released in June.

CBS News

Honestly this is shocking.. I met him and I would have never known.. it's not like I don't know what people are like on drugs.

Glad he's getting the help he feels he needs.

you met him teena? I think he's very cute and has such a babyface but it's not shocking at all. I'm not sure there is anyone in the british (or even american) music industry that is sober.

What!?!
i have no idea .
He seems like a really good man.

yes please post it teena!

oh... :( such bad news.... I wouldn't ever think that Tom is able to do that... oh.... :(

I wish him all the best, but I'm still skocked.... :(

Did anyone else hear he and Pete Doherty and some other rehabing musician started a group at the Priory?...
Imagine that.

This is so sad, that another talented person fell victim to substance abuse. I'm especially shocked because he really didn't seem like the type, but really I suppose there isn't a specific type.

brokenenglish said:
Did anyone else hear he and Pete Doherty and some other rehabing musician started a group at the Priory?...
Imagine that.

Justin Hawkins of The Darkness is the third person of that rumour.

^ Wait, did he go to rehab too? Is addiction a requirement to be a rockstar? :unsure:

Who knew behind that cherub choir boy face lay a drug addict? It was shocking to say the least......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wxzaqk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->