The Last Movie You Saw?

City of God

It didn't live up to the hype, imo.

Originally posted by tiffany@Dec 4 2004, 08:59 AM
Wilde :wub:

I've seen it before, but Stephen Fry is so convincing as Oscar Wilde, it's incredible :blush:
[snapback]450277[/snapback]​

i :heart: stephen fry (he was great on "gosford park"). heard that they are filming tristram shandy :heart:

Originally posted by pradaesk@Dec 4 2004, 07:09 PM
i :heart:  stephen fry (he was great on "gosford park"). heard that they are filming tristram shandy  :heart:
[snapback]451044[/snapback]​
:woot: a fellow fan! I loved him in Gosford Park, he's incredibly talented. He was divine as Melchett in Blackadder :P thanks for the info btw :flower:

The Virgin Suicides for the first time. I'm feeling sort of faint now, very dream-like and almost wispy. I didn't understand it and I'm strangely disturbed... Loveliness, but I'm scared a bit. Creeped out mostly. I sort of got that it was linked to the religious aspects with those little cards they kept lying around, but I felt like there was so much that I didn't understand. It was a bit spooky too if that's makes sense. Lots of floaty dresses and purity and things not being real. I'm going to go look it up now. I don't think that I want to watch it again.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 5 2004, 12:00 AM
The Virgin Suicides for the first time. I'm feeling sort of faint now, very dream-like and almost wispy. I didn't understand it and I'm strangely disturbed... Loveliness, but I'm scared a bit. Creeped out mostly. I sort of got that it was linked to the religious aspects with those little cards they kept lying around, but I felt like there was so much that I didn't understand. It was a bit spooky too if that's makes sense. Lots of floaty dresses and purity and things not being real. I'm going to go look it up now. I don't think that I want to watch it again.
[snapback]451313[/snapback]​
that's very similar to my reaction when I saw it, and I didn't see it again
It unnerved me and interested me at the same time

Originally posted by tiffany@Dec 5 2004, 12:03 AM
that's very similar to my reaction when I saw it, and I didn't see it again
It unnerved me and interested me at the same time
[snapback]451316[/snapback]​
I oddly feel like I won't need to watch it again anyhow, it seems like a movie I won't be forgetting... :unsure:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 4 2004, 09:00 PM
[snapback]451313[/snapback]​

i saw this on tv few months ago, weird. the whole movie is kinda like one big trip...the music adds to that effect, and when they all killed themselves it was messed. why did they bother to get the boys to come over?

i think they killed themselves because of their lack of freedom, and they knew that they would never be happy living in that house.

and who kills themself by puttin their head in the oven. why did the first girl kill herself on the fence for?

i dont understand what the overall point of the movie was. it made me think :angry:

Leon, for the first time.

I loved it, and I found the filming really beautiful.

^ :heart:
Originally posted by yourbestfriend@Dec 5 2004, 07:31 AM
and who kills themself by puttin their head in the oven.
[snapback]451453[/snapback]​
Sylvia Plath for one...

Virgin Sucides is a beautiful film, beautiful book, beautiful score (thanks to Air) IMO...

Last saw: Party Monster

Originally posted by yourbestfriend@Dec 5 2004, 02:31 AM
why did the first girl kill herself on the fence for?
[snapback]451453[/snapback]​
I think because it was big and dramatic, and she seemed to be the most obsessive about religion. Just her white dress and impaling herself. But my question about that death was... how would she aim? :ninja:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Dec 5 2004, 05:38 PM
^ :heart:

Sylvia Plath for one...

Virgin Sucides is a beautiful film, beautiful book, beautiful score (thanks to Air) IMO...

Last saw: Party Monster
[snapback]451808[/snapback]​

how was party monster?

i just saw high fidelity.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Dec 5 2004, 08:38 AM

[snapback]451808[/snapback]​
:heart: agreed.

Alice in Wonderland :heart: .
I have a crush on him..
seecat.jpg

Originally posted by Mettchen@Dec 5 2004, 06:38 PM
how was party monster?
[snapback]451963[/snapback]​
Well, saw it once before and was disappointed (by everything but the styling and acting) after already having read the book version.

But I think it's worth a look for the performances and costumes. :P

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Dec 5 2004, 11:02 AM
You'd have beautiful children.
[snapback]451987[/snapback]​
:P beautiful and witty.

I love Alice in Wonderland but it freaks me out at the same time. So does the Cheshire cat. :unsure:

I watched Virgin Suicides when I was a kid and did not get it at all. I think I should watch it again.

I just watched A Clockwork Orange.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->