Last TV Show You Saw #5

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by tFS Thread Manager, Dec 5, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. eugenius

eugenius Active Member

The new Queer Eye on Netflix. Everytime I see Antoni, I can't help but think "Oh, just shut up, and take your shirt off." HA!

2. Piet Retief

Piet Retief Active Member

HIMYM - I haven't seen this show in ages

3. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

Money Heist/La casa de papel: Fine action show, the cliffhangers can get tiring after a while and as it nears the end it does get too soap-operish but overral I think it's outstanding product that can rival many american shows. Actor playing Berlin was just amazing.
    The Alienist: At first I thought the critics were too hard on this one but by the end of the season I partly agree that the plot is not particularly interesting or well thought out, I'd still watch it just for the acting/production design.
    Paquita Salas: A few episodes in, I love it. Not recommended for non-spanish speakers.
    Fuerza de Mujer: Turkish soap-opera, boring and overly long, it's slow-pace would probably draw many to sleep. Still, miles above mexican shows.

Piet Retief likes this.
  4. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

What do you think of Sharp Objects now? I thought E1 was just okay but E2 and E3 really good. Especially now that I know about all the hidden words, I watch it with focus and not doing other things, haha.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I've not actually watched E2 yet, plan to do it sometime this weekend! I'll try and watch it without distracting myself. :lol:

What I did watch with my eyes glued to the screen and a belly stiff with tension (yeah, I'm one of those gullible suckers who get easily transported by suspenseful thrillers!) was Agatha Christie's 3-episode Ordeal by Innocence. My God, what a psychological romp. Very British and teeming with glossy chicness. And if you think it's in the classic vein of Agatha Christie's stodgy whodunnits, then you're mistaken. There's of course the usual classic Christie motifs (everyone being a suspect, yet so wretchedly flawed in ways one can't image, the parallel between rich/poor, employer/servant etc.) But this is so much more than just that and I feel like it was revised slightly to appeal o the contemporary viewer, so very dark, and all the scenes are hyper cinematic. I've even looked past British television's nauseating fixation with the 50s.

I think the cast was perfectly balanced, even the basic ones intrigued me. But the murdered mother, herself terribly flawed, stole each scene she was in. My only gripe was the absence of humour. Very, very little comic relief which is not really odd for a BBC production.

6. jexxica

jexxica Moderator

I finally finished the second season of The handmaid's tale.

7. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The Office
    American Horror Story

8. Piet Retief

9. JessRubik

JessRubik Member

I just finished Sweetbitter on Starz. It's based on the novel of the same name. The only episode I really enjoyed was titled, "Simone's" I wish there was a show based on that character, I loved her! Overall, I thought it was kind of boring, the lead actress playing Tess doesn't really convince me. There seemed to be a lot of awkwardness and I'm not sure if that was intentional, considering the main character is trying to "figure it all out." I get the feeling there won't be a season 2, I guess I shouldn't expect much with something associated with Brad Pitt :lol:

Benn98 likes this.
  10. Piet Retief

Disenchantment - don't enjoy it too much 4 episodes in
    Broadchurch series 3 - love this 3rd installment so far