Ligia Dias - Jewelry Designer

wheneveriwakeup

a hymn to darkness
Reaction score
ligia_dias_3.jpg

doverstreetmarket.com

After obtaining a diploma in graphic design from Ecole Cantonale d’Art de Lausanne Swiss-born Ligia Dias moved to Paris to study fashion design at the renowned Studio Bercot. In the spring of 2002, while preparing her school’s final show, Dias undertook two internships at Lanvin where she so impressed creative director Alber Elbaz that he invited her to work on the Fall-Winter 2003 collection. In September 2002 Ligia joined the studio as a full time designer and after three fulfilling years she launched herself as an independent designer.

valerydemure.com

329de71af3ae42623061c6617188b305.jpg

2e796114938cfd7046b6dff7b9267e0b.jpg

Following the launch of her signature Ligia Dias Colliers line, Ligia was invited by Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garcons to participate to the knitwear program for the CDG Fall-Winter 2006 collection.
Her “jewelry” – which was embroidered onto the garments –earned praise for its innovative approach to embellishment.

valerydemure.com

3.1 Phillip Lim s/s 2008

00340m.jpg
00620m.jpg

00730m.jpg
00740m.jpg

style.com

Phillip Lim, already a huge fan of Ligia’s work, commissioned twelve showpieces for his SS08 show at the NYC Public Library. She developed these pieces with, in mind, the concept of a “physical journey that meta-morphs into an emotional adventure. The collection will be stocked by Phillip Lim’s Mercer Street boutique in New York in Spring Summer 2008.
valerydemure.com

She's very talented, imo. She brilliantly mixes the elegant and the brass... :crush:

^ Meant to write 'brash' not brass... :doh::lol:

Another piece from the CDG collaboration...

jewel_ccaw06_1.jpg

Source: Nqth

oh i love the comme pieces! :heart: :heart: :heart:

great looking works....i dunno how i overlooked her work on VD....

thanks,W-I-W

i really had no idea that all the pearls where her work! i remember seeing the cdg piece at the store, fell in love with it. never knew it was a collaboration.

i love this idea of a large piece across the chest
seems to be popular lately on the runway

and the asymmetrical knotted one is interesting
knots always makes me think of sailors
wheneveriwakeup you post so many nice things :lucky:

You're quite welcome Scott and Gius! :heart:

She works with pearls in such a modern, innovative manner. I wish detailed photos from CDG's fall 06 collection were available. :(

oooh i didnt know there was already a topic on her :heart:
saw the collection very quick and have the lookbook and linesheets.. thanks WIWU for reminding me to go through it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->