Looking for a particular pair from SATC

FashionFix

Reaction score
There were these shoes on an episode of Sex and the City--the one where Carrie and Samantha go to L.A. for the weekend. Well, in the episode they arrive check in and then get ready to go out. Carrie walks out the front of the hotel, and has this dress on and these shoes-they are heels and one shoe looks like a blue color and one is a deep pink/fushia color. Can't remember if they are open toe. The color looks a bit metallic on screen. I have found out that they are Christian Louboutin. Does anyone know of anywhere I could possibly find these shoes?
I don't have a pic, sorry.

i know which ones youre talking about...
i have no idea tho where you could get them, sorry.
but they are so nice!

they are from 2 different pairs of shoes, fyi, the shoes don't come one right blue, one left pink.

that would be kinda cool though. just buy 2 pairs of shoes and do that. as a reference, instead of just copying it exactly.

Aren't they the Jimmy choo macy? If they are, they're avalible on NAP :smile:

The YSL eva also looks very similar...

52_1_b.JPG

oceanharlot said:
they are from 2 different pairs of shoes, fyi, the shoes don't come one right blue, one left pink.

that would be kinda cool though. just buy 2 pairs of shoes and do that. as a reference, instead of just copying it exactly.

Are you sure oceanharlot..because I've seen that episode quiet a number of times (I have the Boxset :ninja: ) and noticed the shoes as well...and to me it seemed like each shoes are half/half... pink on the side facing the shoe on the other foot and blue on the side facing away..if that makes any sense. Don't know the label tho'.

You were right oceanharlot..I went over the DVD..and this might help you FashionFix..the soles are Louboutine red..so maybe they are Louboutines ??

Images from SATC :flower:

Attachments

• SATC heels 01.jpg
    SATC heels 01.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 7
  • SATC heels 01a.jpg
    SATC heels 01a.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
oceanharlot said:

You know, I didn't even think of that! It would make it so much easier if it were two different colors sold as one pair.
It is a good idea though-I'll have to do that with a cheaper pair.

So they are Louboutin--does anyone know if this style is even still sold? I have looked online at various boutiques and even emailed someone at Louboutin company with no luck :(

The biggest [obvious] difference is the closed heel in the vid-cap vs the open heel on the other one.

Also the vid-cap pair(s) looks shinier, maybe pearlized? Not to mention they look higher :P

FashionFix said:
I like these too. Are they available online? :D

They're on eBay if you search ysl eva under completed listing, if you contatc the seller she'll prabably still sell them to you as she had a few pairs that didn't sell :flower:

After I saw that episode, I tried to create my own pair by buying a pair of shoes, and painting one of them.....it turned out disastrous. I dont know why it never occured to me to just buy two pairs of shoes, and switch them, duh! :hardhead:

I still like this look, the perfect place to for this project would be somewhere like steve madden or bakers maybe.....

As for Carrie's shoes, Im sure they had them custom made for the show, like duh! If you know a shoe place that does this type of work, but I would be too afraid to play with an expensive pair uness I knew for sure the shoe-people were gonna do a fantastic job. :unsure: I would rather just get two pairs of louboutins! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
DP_woman said:
After I saw that episode, I tried to create my own pair by buying a pair of shoes, and painting one of them.....it turned out disastrous. I dont know why it never occured to me to just buy two pairs of shoes, and switch them, duh! :hardhead:

I still like this look, the perfect place to for this project would be somewhere like steve madden or bakers maybe.....

As for Carrie's shoes, Im sure they had them custom made for the show, like duh! If you know a shoe place that does this type of work, but I would be too afraid to play with an expensive pair uness I knew for sure the shoe-people were gonna do a fantastic job. :unsure: I would rather just get two pairs of louboutins! :P

I would really bet it was a styling thing (2 pairs of shoes). I remember Diana did this--with opera length gloves in black and red I think it was. Hanne, I bet it was those red soles that made you have the memory of the blue and pink on the same shoe.

Btw, I e-mailed Peter Som with a question and they got back to me promptly--wasn't that nice :flower: Christian Louboutin appear not to be very organized--as I recall they don't even have a website :innocent: Must be nice to be so good you don't have to participate in the information age :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->