L'Oreal X-Tenso hair straightening

Amerie

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this treatment?
I have extremely curly thick hair, which dries in ringlets if I leave it alone after washing, but goes frizzy at the slightest hint of dampness outside....so I tend to straighten it most days, and prefer it this way.

I've done a bit of research into chemical straightening and this X-Tenso seems to relax the curl more than make hair pin straight, but it says it stops the frizz you get from going out in the rain too, and makes straightening with irons a lot easier, which is a nice middle ground.

Or theres this http://www.boots.com/shop/category_new_template_content_rich.jsp?classificationid=1042646&wblinktype=HPD&wblinkdetail=D1P2K17L9 which looks interesting, and thankfully I have a friend who's good at this sort of thing who can help me out!

Anyway, if anyone has any experience of these sort of products it'd be very helpful to me :flower:

I have posted about X-Tenso in other threads. I've tried it, and I'm really happy. My hair is naturally curled, with lots of volume, and in some parts it used to frizz, but after X-Tenso my hair is softer and tamed. If I leave it to dry naturally I get some light waves, but I usually straighten my hair with ceramic iron plates (?), and the result is very natural and smooth.
The only thing is, it's not a permanent method (I don't know if there is any) so you have to do it periodically, because as the hair grows you start to get curled roots... :wink:

I've been doing it for 2 years (but only in the roots, the rest of the hair keeps being straight) and my hair is healthy. I really recommend it! :flower:

Thats brilliant, thanks SpookyGirl, I feel much more reassured now :D :flower:

My hairstylist suggested that I try this treatment, but I'm still not sure whether I should go for it or not. :unsure: Most of the reviews I read about this treatment were positive.

I went on the Loreal site to find a salon near me that does this and there isn't one in my area. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
--Princesa-- said:
Can you dye your hair with this treatment?

yes, but you have to wait a few weeks.

i relax my hair using home kits that black women use, and am much happier with it than with chemicals formulated for white hair, even though i am...if your hair is course, you might want to try that... i've been doing my own hair at home for the last 8 years.

Do you have to use very intensive conditioners afterwards Organic? I should imagine it makes your hair quite dry?

yeah, it can be drying, but it's really not that bad, if you want to see pictures of my hair, my myspace is in my sig.

Ah looks lovely Organic! Mine is pretty much the same colour as yours too :P

Right, decision made, will do it this morning :D

I am confused-- can I do this at home, or do you need to go to a salon to have it done? :cry:

Amerie said:
Ah looks lovely Organic! Mine is pretty much the same colour as yours too :P

Right, decision made, will do it this morning :D

good luck! :smile:

Cosmo, I think it is a salon thing, but I bought the stuff off ebay (good old ebay), and did it at home with the help of a friend.

Result - my very thick very curly hair is now only slightly wavy! I'm actually quite impressed, it hasnt dried it out at all, although I did leave the conditioner on for half an hour at the end just in case.
If I left it to dry naturally after washing it now it'd dry a bit wavy, but I can blowdry it straight and use tongs and its got a hell of a lot less volume and frizz than it did before.

And the crucial test.... went out last night to a very hot nightclub, chucked myself around the dancefloor a fair bit, and this morning, no frizz at all!! Normally my hair would be like a halo round my head by now.

Very very pleased, thanks Spooky and Organic :D

Thanks, Amerie!!! I am going to check ebay too. I am so sick of straightening my hair the other morning. Last week, I went into the hot tub with this guy I am seeing and was thinking I looked all cute...until I got out and realized that the steam activated my curls, and I looked like a clown! Definitely need this stuff! :lol:

:lol: I had that a few weeks ago on a night out, walked down the seafront and looked like a completely different person at the other end!

Go for it Cosmo, I'm sure you'll be pleased B)

So cool you liked the results!
I decided to buy it some time ago, to try at home, since I imagined it would be cheaper than doing it in the hairdresser (I payed 50 € in the salon). In the end, I have to admit I wasted my money...I asked a friend for help, and although it was ok, it wasn't as good as the salon result. I only do it in the salon now... :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->