'Lost' Star's Hawaiian Home Destroyed in Fire

erin_k

Reaction score
'Lost' Star's Hawaiian Home Destroyed in Fire
Dec 20, 6:36 PM EST

Zap2it.com
After surviving a plane crash on "Lost," Evangeline Lilly avoided tragedy in real life when her house burned down.
The actress' Kailua, Hawaii home that she rents with two crew members, was completely lost in a fire, but nobody was inside at the time of the blaze, People reported.
"Yes, it is unfortunately true that her home in Hawaii burned down this morning," says publicist the Cara Tripicchio. "Thankfully, Evangeline is safe as she was on set already when it occurred."
"When we arrived the house was fully engulfed," says Honolulu Fire Capt. Kenison Tejada. "It was a complete loss. Just the roof was still standing."
So far, a cause for the fire hasn't been determined. "There is no official statement, and I have no further comment or information to provide at this time," adds Tripicchio.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=245621&GT1=7703

Poor girl. Good thing no one was hurt.

Yes, it's sad. But at least it happened to a star... I'm much more saddened when things like this happen to people with no money and sometimes no insurance.

That's horrible and why woul they put her address out there ( I read another account where they did that)

dlg

Erin said:
Yes, it's sad. But at least it happened to a star... I'm much more saddened when things like this happen to people with no money and sometimes no insurance.

gotta agree with you, its bad luck but she's got the money to get another house and replace most things no problem. Obviously sentimental stuff she can't but neither can anybody else. Its harder for people who don't have money who can't replace anything!

I just hope it didnt spread.. and cause to much damange to the environment and animals homes etc. and cause any pollution.
Sad shes lost stuff but at least she has the money to replace it .. all though im sure photos and stuff and iriplacable :(
but thank god everyone was ok thats the main thing

daddyslittlegrl8 said:
That's horrible and why woul they put her address out there ( I read another account where they did that)

dlg

I guess b/c its a fire and its public record now.

Not a huge fan of hers but that sucks, some stuff is hard to replace despite insurance ie sentimental items, all your personal info such as anything related to your taxes etc. Plus having your hourse burn down at Christmas is especially crappy.

I'm quite surprised that she and Dom don't live together, how long have they been together? The media makes their relationship out to be quite serious but maybe it's not if she's living with crew members.

how horrible! i would never wish that to happen to anybody, celeb or not.
but at least she did have insurance, and no was hurt.

thats awful, such a horrible time to lose your home at the begiining of the holidays, poor kate:heart:

Lucky no one was there at the time. The worst thing is when irreplacable things like photos get destroyed. Thats that sad thing to me. Timing sucks though!

I'm much more saddened when things like this happen to people with no money and sometimes no insurance.
My thoughts exact. I'm sorry for her, but I never really liked her very much-- truth be told.

that sucks and all...

but ON THE SAME EXACT ISLAND there are thousands of native hawaiians and hawaiian state citizens who are homeless and living on the beach from ewa to wainae right now under tents and tarps. I feel much Much MUCH more empathetic to them. i doubt she endured even a minute of that lifestyle.

and besides that, she was RENTING. she didn't lose her house, she just lost her stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->