Louis Vuitton F/W 07.08 : Scarlett Johansson by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott

Discussion in 'Ad Campaigns' started by kimair, Mar 14, 2007.

1. kimair

kimair frozen

i know it's a bit early, but it was announced in wwd today...

2. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

My heart sinks at the news, because the more I see of the S/S 07 ads, the more uninspiring they seem. But that's something that could be said of a lot of S/S ad campaigns, simply because of the nature of the clothing. A/W ads are always more dramatic, so this could be a Mert & Marcus masterpiece.

3. gracey

gracey New Member

I'm over her.

4. Jacque Marcel

Jacque Marcel army of lovers

Really? Mert and Marcus needs to stop as does Ms. Johansson.

5. cavanaugh

cavanaugh New Member

6. mikel

mikel Active Member

YAWN YAWN, but come to think of it, s/s is such a major dissapointment, a/w must be better, just like the Uma ones, s/s was boring and a/w turned out to be one of my favourite ads from that season (a/w 05/06)

7. GivenchyPrincess

GivenchyPrincess Our Earthly Pleasures

Disappointing news.

I like Scarlett as an actress but I am sick to death of the S/S ads already, so I'm not really looking forward to another campaign with her.

8. romantics

romantics New Member

Well I'm excited about this.

9. TheGlassAngel

TheGlassAngel VSFS 2009!

Sh*t.

While I didn't mind the last campaign, the news sucks because it's one less campaign that a model could have gotten.

#9 TheGlassAngel, Mar 14, 2007
    Last edited by moderator hellothere: Mar 14, 2007
  10. Crakk

Crakk New Member

:angry:

I agree, really, what is the problem? Why are these lackluster actresses racking up blue chips as if they have no other avenues they can use to attract money? Why not Gemma, Sasha, Iekielene, Natasha, Snejana, hell, he could have hired Nicole Richie.:rolleyes:

#10 Crakk, Mar 14, 2007
    Last edited by moderator hellothere: Mar 14, 2007
  11. city girl

city girl New Member

12. MUXU

MUXU New Member

i would love to see iekielene doing the LV ad(epsecially with this a/w's clothes)...but she's not "strong" enough yet. which sucks

13. kimair

kimair frozen

i was very disappointed when i read this...
    the only thing that would make me more upset is finding out coco is doing balenciaga again...:ninja:

the f/w vuitton collection was one of my favorites, and to have scarjo as the face of it, that's just...:yuk:

i'm not a fan of sasha, but she would have been perfect for this campaign...
    her features along with some great makeup from pat mcgrath would have been awesome...
    and i'm also tired of mert & marcus...

14. TheGlassAngel

TheGlassAngel VSFS 2009!

I wouldn't mind Sasha doing all the big campaigns (points at signature) but I wonder when she'll be let out of her prada exclusive.

15. gr77

gr77 New Member

me too.i loved the s/s ads with Scarlet

16. miu_miu

miu_miu little soul

I think the collection really does not suit the image Scarlett portrays. That's why they need a model, for more versatility in how they choose to show the clothes...It's really a disappointment, although I can't say I'm surprised unfortunately.

17. mikel

mikel Active Member

Well, the collection was based on Vermeer paintings as I read on style.com, and Marc Jacobs mentioned 'The Girl with the monogram handbag', so I guess I can see why he picked Scarlett again, but wouldn't it be great if he casted a bunch of Dutch girls for the campaign? Seeing Lara, Bette, Kim, Iekeliene and Doutzen together would be a dream come true...

18. unplugged66

unplugged66 New Member

Personally when I first saw the Louis Vuitton S/S 07 Ads I was disappointed. I find Scarlet dull and does nothing for the ads. So in terms of her doing the F/W 07 ads it's just a bigger disappointment. It's pathetic that models are being put aside when it comes to ad campaigns because of celebrities. As if modeling isn't a hard industry, you now compete with actresses. I say put models in ads, because they atleast know what they are doing in front of the cameras.

19. kuba01

kuba01 New Member

The Spring/Summer ads were absolutely EVERYWHERE this season in magazines! I am so sick of them! Everytime I see that horrible light pink, I just cringe.

I really hate how Louis Vuitton feels like that celebrity is the only way to market the label because models, in my opinion, could bring more reality and appeal to the ads.

Scarlett is just NOT the epitome of a Louis Vuitton woman - in fact - I feel that Chloe Sevigny would have been better.

I mean does Scarlett even WEAR the clothes!

20. miss_pepa

miss_pepa Secretly falling apart.

^ I agree. Although I quite liked the style and colouring of the S/S campaign, but could think of about a million models who wouldve suited it so much better, made it really beautiful. Scarlett really ruined it for me.
    I think shes a wonderful actress, but not right at all for this. Very dissappointing for me.