Louis Vuitton F/W 2018.19 by Collier Schorr

Are they going for America's Next Top Model vibe? Cos that's what I'm getting. Just replace the sound with Tyra's "wanna be on top?" and voila. :stuart:

Happy to see Masha and Maud, but i'm not convinced. If the rest of the shots are like the first then i'm done.

Who are these girls? so damn irrelevant. Might as well just stick to his boring but famous clan like Selena Gomez, Emma, etc. Meeeeh. Can't wait for him to be fired.

^
Louis Vuitton keeps such a tight grip on their models.

That video made me cringe. That looks so cheap for LV.

Louis Vuitton F/W 18
Photographer: Collier Schorr

source: louisvuitton.com

Continued:

source: louisvuitton.com

Last edited by a moderator:
A Mastermind editorial. Cold, boring and pretentious AF.

Serving catalog realness. To any high fashion defence, even Nordstorm, Barneys and Sak's catalogs look more exciting than this.

Oh God, this is is so bad on so many levels. It feels so lifeless, plain and uninspired. Not even catalogs and lookbooks are so boring. And the casting as well is not my taste, in fact I only like Signe's shots, but I'm happy for Sora.
I don't understand why they went for Collier, they could have hired Jamie Hawkesworth, Charlotte Wales, Vincent Van de Wijngaard..

Truly awful, from the cast to the styling.

Underwhelming is not even strong as a word to judge this campaign...
As usual, we have the same exact styling from the show and they showing those products in the most uninspiring way ever.

I mean the eyewear and shoes shots?

I don't know what it worse, Dior or this...

I wish the LV team would let their models actually show their modeling skills because girls like Teddy and Sora have a lot more variety as they have shown in their other works, yet they just had the models posing like robots in plain backgrounds.

I actually really like this. Theres an element of this that I feel like Meisel would deliver.

Can we get Meisel or Sims back shooting with Ghesquiere and Vuitton?

I don't know why but i can understand what they tried to do and kind of like it. I have to go in some archives to find the references because i have a deja vu feeling

I actually really like this. Theres an element of this that I feel like Meisel would deliver.

Can we get Meisel or Sims back shooting with Ghesquiere and Vuitton?
You're right. My first thought after seeing all the images was Prada F/W.2015 by Meisel.

This campaign feels so empty. There's no glamour at all.

Signe is so incredibly beautiful and I also like Masha's and Maud's shots but there rest just doesn't deliver at all.

i feel like nicolas keeps on holding himself back ever since he started his tenure at louis vuitton

he could have gone for karim or maybe mcdean and yet they chose weber and now...this

Meisel's campaigns for Balenciaga were awful from what I recall...Now I&V would be wonderful. Karim Sadli seems to get that nonchalant vibe just right with his workwhile keeping it classy, he would've been a better option too.

This images do not deserve any further comment and it's sad seeing how every photographer we've proposed would have been capable of delivering something miles better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->