Louis Vuitton S/S 2021 by Nicolas Ghesquière

So what came first? The LV ambassadorship or the Vogue cover? Makes me wonder if Vogue didn't cast her for the cover because of the LV campaign. Because surprise surprise, they're the first one to unveil the campaign.

Don't like what she's wearing because it makes her look short. But Naomi is on the same level as the usual LV models, if not more attractive imo.

Brace yourself, "Photographer" Nicolas strike again :rofl:.

I can appreciate that Nicolas just wants to experiment, and that he values the art of photography, but his photographs are just.. no. They're so basic and bland, he really doesn't have the talent to capture someone in the "moment".

You can tell on her face she has no idea what she’s wearing. She seems a little embarrassed to be here.

With a picture like this, why is it even necessary to mention the photographer?

Oh good. Another pretty girl who doesn’t particularly photograph well.

Perfect replacement for Alicia.

I love Naomi. She's beautiful. But I would make that face too if they had me wearing this atrocious dress. And also what a blatant way to sell a handbag. Nicolas, just stay home and let the real photographers do their jobs.

Who on earth thought that this was a good photo?

I actually don’t mind what she’s wearing at all. Too bad Naomi doesn’t know how to properly model it, or that Nicolas doesn’t know how to properly photograph it.

of course he had to ruin his best collection to date by shooting himself. lord, he couldn’t resist to show his ego to the world. I guess hot selfies on Instagram are not enough.
sweetheart, you’re not Steven Meisel. so please give the chance to someone actually talented and go back to the f*cking atelier.

I really don't understand why Ghesquière's campaigns at Louis Vuitton have been so drab because he surely has the budget to do better. Maybe he should spend less on actresses and get creative, we have seen it before. And I don't even mind designers photographing their own campaigns as long as it is sort of interesting. This wouldn't even grab my attention among the weekly supermarket offers.

In all of seriousness, what I hate about his photography is just doesn't reflect the dynamic of his clothes. Love it or loathe it his clothes have a distinct POV that standout with the rest. Even if it's over-design and over-style thanks to MAS. All of his campaigns so far, sorry looks like Models.com digital portfolio at best.

I hate to bring him up because he is in the past, and I'm doubt 2021 Instagram Influencer Marc Jacobs can do any good for LV anymore. But Marc clothes and campaigns always reflect the jet-set lifestyle of his clients traveling around world having a fabulous time. While Nicolas campaigns in the recent years never live up to his ambition vision. And Marc clients vacations around Earth, while Nicolas clients venturing into faraway destinations beyond my understanding anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->