Madeleine Peyroux

punky

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PocX4RbGyt8

Don’t you just love the voice behind the new Old Navy commercial?
That sweet yet soulful voice belongs to Madeleine Peyroux. You might remember her song “don’t wait to long” from this Dockers commercial last year. Her voice is like a time machine sending you back to 1942. I love her.
:heart:

^So do I, she makes love and heartbreak sound soo good.:heart:

yes I love madeleine and her lyrics but i can't believed they changed some of her song around for the old navy commercial.....one of the best lyrics ever 'he cut his lip on the edge of her pleated skirt....' so beautiful and evocative

I loved her version of the Elliot Smith
'Between the Bars'

Stunning
^_^

her version of Blue Alert is even better than the Anjani one, but there are some other versions she's done which are not so good.
She was the idol of the man who made a radio program I used to hear (it doesn't exist any longer), we had to hear her songs every day.

yes I love madeleine and her lyrics but i can't believed they changed some of her song around for the old navy commercial.....one of the best lyrics ever 'he cut his lip on the edge of her pleated skirt....' so beautiful and evocative
actually I think that was written by Anjani Thomas after finding some lyrics by Leonard Cohen, not by Madeleine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ponyproductions
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->