Magazine Posting Etiquette (PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING NEW THREADS)

Hello Everyone,

Yes, we would like to have credits... but please don't worry that your posts will be deleted if you don't have them all. Also, we don't expect you to have to search other websites to obtain credits that aren't available from what you are posting.

If you post HQ and preview images, sometimes there aren't any credits available at all. We can add them later, the same as we do when you post a new thread with a cover and we don't know the model/photographer yet. You guys always come through with the info and we then add it to the thread title.

So to sum it up...

1. No posts are going to be deleted if they don't have all the credits: Photographer, Model, Stylist, Hair, Makeup, etc. Just post what you have.

2. You can post LQ or HQ images if they have no credits. We will add them to the thread when they become available. It's possible some of the mods can even edit the original post and add them.

3. You can continue to post LQ and then later post HQ images of the same editorial. It won't be deleted as a repost.

4. You can post 10 images per post or 15 thumbnails. 15 thumbnails is the max. Most editorials only have 6, 8, 10 or 12 pages, so this shouldn't be a problem. You all know how to break them up if they have more.

5. Please credit your image source correctly, and don't post direct links to images. Otherwise you do risk having your posts deleted.

Here are direct links to the forum rules that apply to posting images for those that are new or need a refresher.

Crediting Rules

Rules for Hosting Nude Images

We appreciate and thank you for the time and effort it takes to scan, snapshot or search the internet for editorial images. It's your contributions that help to make this forum the success that it is.

If you have any questions please post them here or let myself or another moderator know via PM and we'll be happy to help.

Can we please start reenforcing the rule that people must post full credits when posting an editorial? At least when it comes to photographers, stylists, and models?

This is a fashion forum, but yet people leave out styling credits. It baffles me.

I didn't know you had to give credit on the posts, but I just posted one about Maxima Portugal and got delete it. I gave credit to where I found it.

We cannot add photos where previous delete by accounts on instagram?

Or there are a number of magazines that are allowed in this forum?

Is there a section we can post requests for certain issues? I can't find a place where users can ask about magazines they are looking for and perhaps people who can help them out or even sell issues they are not looking to keep anymore. Thanks.

Question: what’s the policy on threads for “digital” issues of magazines, when the content they contain is inevitably part of a print issue that has its own thread? Magazines lately, at least American ones, like Marie Claire, Elle, InStyle, etc. have been releasing these “digital issues” (are they even downloadable + formatted as an actual issue in all cases?) that are just content from the actual issue with a masthead slapped on it. I’m not criticizing anyone who started threads for them (I have done so myself in the past) but to me it’s starting to feel very disingenuous for magazines to pretend these are actual issues and I feel dubious about giving them threads and attention.

There is no policy, so feel free to continue to post separate threads for separate ‘digital’ covers.

It used to cause all sorts of confusion in the past, when digital covers would be posted inside the ‘main’ thread - and due to spacing, we could not include the credits in the thread title which would result in the topic not showing up in the search. A standalone thread now separates the conversation, keeping the topic of the main newsstand cover the focus - and vice versa.

*Edit* Moving forward, I will now add the link to the main thread at the very top of the 'digital' thread, explaining it is a special digital feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"