MARC by Marc Jacobs bags (November 2005 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered (and today received) a new MbMJ bag purchase. It's the totally turnlock mag bag in black with silver hardware. I'm planing to use it as an everyday bag for school and such. I'm to lazy to take my own pics right now but here it is from the website:
pl603925-00p01v01.jpg

pl603925-00lfvliv01.jpg

piperlime.com

and it was on sale for $269.99!

I think the shorter handles are long enough for over the shoulder without but not with a coat. the long strap is good though. I haven't used it yet but I'm pretty sure I will keep it.

I wanted the Fadirah for christmas but I didn't know it came in so many colors. All I could find was Cherry or Black Patent but then I saw Black regular leather and I was sad. But I'm getting a lovely Botkier bag. I'll just have to save up for the Fadirah. God, I need a bag that just never goes out of style.

I have not gone through this thread - so sorry if this is a repeat. But I hate how M by MJ bags keep going up in price for no appearent difference in quality.

a few years ago:
$238
then...
$328
then
$378
then
$428
now...
up to $500+

I would much rather save up a few extra hundred and buy an MJ collection bag on sale

^yikes! for that price range, i think i'd rather go for a much better brand. sorry.

You guys think your MJ prices are bad. In Australia, they're pretty much doubled. I'm not sure if our sucky exchange rate at the moment has jacked up the price either.

You know my last post? Ignore it. The 'rents totally surprised me and got me the black, patent leather FADIRAH. I CRIED. I'll post pictures once I can get them. Just let me say, it's a beautiful bag. I know people are complaining about prices but It's worthy it. I'll be using it for A WHILE. GORGEOUS AND SO EXCITED! ((((:smile:

Ugh, I really wanted the Studs and Staples satchel... I wasn't working all fall so I couldn't afford it, and now that I'm working and have christmas money, of course it's sold out everywhere. I'm checking ebay obsessively. Anyone know of another site that might still have them, or where someone might be trying to sell one? :flower:

I went looking but I can't seem to find it anywhere either. D: Maybe, you should wait a little, maybe they'll get more in stock?

In a world where you can get a $1200+ MJ collection bag for $2-300... I would say that Marc by Mar Jacobs bags should be anywhere from $1-200. My mother bought my SIL a MbyMJ bag for her birthday in December for $175 at Nordstrom.

Saks sales really made any other sale dull in comparison.. but Saks standing isn't the best right now...

Honestly... I agree that MJ (both collection and diffusion lines) have gone down in quality and up in price... which is why I hardly EVER pay full price for any bag.

I paid full price for a Totally Turnlock Tina in Firebird red 2 or 3 years ago. It was $428 then. And while the quality of the bag is superb and the leather is great, I do not get much use out of it.

The only other bag i've purchased for full price was my huge hillier, but that thing gets so much use it's ridiculous.

I dunno... If you love it... go for it... but if you can hold out for a sale, then do so, by all means. :flower:

^I agree wholeheartedly in regards to what Luna says about pricing. I can't recall if I have paid full price for any of the Turnlock pieces but I do love them immensely, particularly the bowler and Faridah. I would pay near full price for those

Does anyone know if the older version of the Dr Q Delancey bag is still available anywhere at all?! My heart desires it so very much! :heart:

I don't really like the newer colorblock one so I'm dying to get my hands on this one :
(any color)

credit: bergdorfgoodman.com

Thank you !

This is the most perfect bag:heart:

I`m so sad that i did not order it when they had it on stock...:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the faridah in red and I just love it <3

the leather is perfect and it feels like it goes with anything I wear

pics! MBMJ has some really nice bags coming out for fall 08. a grey color that is just stunning as well as some bags that are a bit reminiscent of what chloe has been doing lately...

My mom just bought the Faridah hobo today... I kept trying to sway her over to the Aidan satchels.. the faded aluminum color is amazing. I'm in serious love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->