MARC by Marc Jacobs bags (November 2005 - November 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered Dr Q Hillier Hobo from The Outnet at a great discount! Can't wait to receive it. :smile:

^^Oh, lucky you! Which colour? and which Outnet site - the US or UK?
I've been checking out the MxMJ bags on there weekly but have never seen the Hillier!

Bianca, it's in purple. They have taken the link off the site (weird) instead of a sold out icon. I got it off the UK site. I received a mailer on McQ and checked out Just In and saw the bag. Couldn't resist the temptation and got it. I'm crossing my fingers the order will go through.

got lucky and found this beauty at c21!!

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFkFONHN2eUFDM3hHdWdqZWZhaEFZVncAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

styleobserver.com

Hello clever people!
I am wanting some advice pretty please...
I'm in Australia and want to buy a Hillier (I think) so I went to DJs (a dept store here) to try them on last night, they only had one on display and she said it's like the M by MJ signature bag.

I tried on the regular size, and the SA told me there is also a huge size but they had none in stock. I love the strap drop on the regular one I tried on but want a bigger bag so I think I want the huge?

So is this the huge or the regular? (this is the style I tried on but I'm not sure if it was the same size)
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3052750...rdsearch&keyword=hillier&origin=searchresults

And I'm guessing this is the huge?
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...c+Jacobs&sid=128F3C7A3FA7&bmUID=1275451649436

Is the Classic Q the regular size?
And the Q 49 is the huge one?

I am so confused!

That saks link says it's not available until the 7/15, so is there anywhere else (reliable) online I can buy the huge hillier?

ALSO. The strap drops seem to be different between all the Hilliers I look at online - is there that much difference?

The one I tried on - the strap was PERFECT. She said that was the regular size, so I want to know if I order the huge one online will the strap be much different?

And I want silver hardware.

I hope this post makes sense! I hope somebody can help meeeeee!

:smile: thank you in advance!

Here is the regular Huge Hillier in raw sugar: http://www.zappos.com/marc-by-marc-jacobs-classic-q-huge-hillier-hobo

Click on the additional views, you'll see a modelling shot.

The Q49 is a revamp of the huge hillier. While I think the sizing remains in tact, I think small details are different. I own the regular huge hillier and there is no buckle on my strap, the plate is different, the dog clips on the straps are different. The Q49 has a flat handle, while the regular hilliers have a tubular harndle. Small differences. From a designers point of view, I can see where they changed details on the Q49 to cheapen it... if you can get a hold of a regular huge hillier, it'd be better, IMO (http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod41130089&parentId=)

Your first link is the Classic (regular/small version) of the bag.

I'm 5'1 (very short) and I find that the bag hits me on my hip, it's fairly comfortable. The drop is comfortable.

The Classic/regular was too small, I have way too much crap to tote around.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the regular Huge Hillier in raw sugar: http://www.zappos.com/marc-by-marc-jacobs-classic-q-huge-hillier-hobo

Click on the additional views, you'll see a modelling shot.

The Q49 is a revamp of the huge hillier. While I think the sizing remains in tact, I think small details are different. I own the regular huge hillier and there is no buckle on my strap, the plate is different, the dog clips on the straps are different. The Q49 has a flat handle, while the regular hilliers have a tubular harndle. Small differences. From a designers point of view, I can see where they changed details on the Q49 to cheapen it... if you can get a hold of a regular huge hillier, it'd be better, IMO (http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod41130089&parentId=)

Your first link is the Classic (regular/small version) of the bag.

I'm 5'1 (very short) and I find that the bag hits me on my hip, it's fairly comfortable. The drop is comfortable.

The Classic/regular was too small, I have way too much crap to tote around.

Good luck

Oh thank you SO much! I think I want the huge one now :( Because clearly I like to make life hard for myself :P

When you say it has a flat handle, where the regular is tubular, does that mean it's a bit more snug in any way? I really like how the regular hillier sat on my shoulder, I had just enough room but it didn't hang too loose on me.

Do I have any chance of finding the original huge black hillier? Or too hard?

Thank you so much - I am much less confused now. I really appreciate it! :heart:

Maybe Ebay is your best bet at this point.

And by tubular vs Flat handles, the Q49 version has the flat handle, ive never tried this bag on as it's an update to the regular hillier design.

I think the drops of the classic/regular and the huge hillier are around the same.

My huge hillier is very comfortable without being too long.

where can i find (in germany / online) this cosmetic bag?

polyvore.com and saksfifthavenue.com

Attachments

• img-thing.jpg
    img-thing.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 0409323012934R_180x240.jpg
    0409323012934R_180x240.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 262
Here she is:

Marc by Marc Jacobs Pixie Girl Bag in Orange

_DSC0281.jpg

_DSC0280.jpg

i found this mini cosmetic bag... I LOOOVE IT :D

stylebop.com

Attachments

• 119408_a.jpg
    119408_a.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1
I :heart: the Pixie Girl bag! Love that gorgeous colour and all of those studs and eyelets!
The make up bag is cute, too, KamenKutak! Marc by Marc always has lovely, fun prints on their products.

I checked out the newest MBMJ bags at Nordstrom the other day, and I was sooooo disappointed with the leather quality. The new bags feel thin and cheap, nothing like the old bags. Which is sad considering they've gotten a bit more expensive.

This one felt so cheap.

_6167408.jpg

However, I'm still lusting over this one.
_6132212.jpg

nordstrom.com

i feel like the leather even LOOKS cheap in those pics...
you can tell the quality isn't there..
which is too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"