Marios Schwab S/S 08 London

i like some of this...
but i'm confused- everybody keeps saying how NEW this looks....
but it actually really reminds me of something else...
i dont know what....but it's something...

balenciaga.....hussein chalayan.....
i have to go back and look at some past collections...
but this doesnt actually seem all that NEW to me..

I had that exact conversation with a friend of mine, we trawled through both balenciaga and hussein chalayan archive collections (and others) and couldn't find anything that this looked like. The collection does feel 'familiar' but i think thats just a great collection at the perfect time.

i agree, the prints.. this just feels so right, so now!

makes me want to spend all my money at him when summer comes!

This reminds me so much of old school Balenciaga..a great, great collection

I'm a huge fan of the black pieces

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look like its Balenciaga influenced, but never the less its really nice!

Wow, I love so much of this... The little details are just amazing!

I fancy this like crazy as well...

Almost all of it, actually, even the shiny fabrics...

Gorgeous detailing, and it's all so WEARABLE on top of being extremely beautiful...

He has yet to let me down... :heart:

but i'm confused- everybody keeps saying how NEW this looks....

I have to agree...it looks like Chalayan and Balenciaga mixed...

but what a brilliant mix it is :crush: this looks just absolutely wonderful :heart: Everything just falls into place perfectly and it makes a lot of sense..I really am excited about this collection!

And yes, Marios should get more recognition, as opposed to Kane, Pugh & co

I don't think it's exactly "new", maybe just fresh and at just the right time (considering what else London has had to offer thus far).

this is so pretty!!!!! officially now, london TRUMPS new york big time!!! i'm not even sure how milan is gonna hold up to the london collections!!!

New York Times Review

NEW YORK TIMES 19th by Cathy Horyn
Mr. Schwab’s talent has not been apparent in his last two collections. They were respectable but derivative — the inarticulate expressions of a probably gifted young man. How many of those types have we known in fashion? So it was a pleasure to see Mr. Schwab unknot himself, to match his contemporary shapes and cutting with his intellectual ideas.
He gave himself the awesome challenge of using fabric to replicate the topography of the body. Sometimes the translation was nearly literal, as with blurry prints (for short, clingy dresses) that seemed to be a digitalized image of tissue and veins. Where he excelled was with dresses and jackets made of sections of fabric that appeared to be suspended on an interior harness. Other garments revealed the body through an opening achieved by folding back the fabric and curling its edges with hidden wire, so that texture looked organic.
Some of these pleating effects were very simple, producing a sleeveless black dress with a surface of scattered, pressed folds. But even when Mr. Schwab’s designs appeared to be complex, his methods were coherent. A number of designers have attempted similar cutting — Hussein Chalayan, for one — but Mr. Schwab did something crucial. He made you see that there was a contemporary feeling in the shapes, a usefulness, and not predominately a clever concept.

I quite liked the last couple seasons also though:huh:

Does anyone know if Marios does the shoes or does someone else do them for him?
I could definitely rock those shoes! And the details are making me speechless. Thanks so much for those, Alejandro.

I found out some info on the shoes.... :kiss:

they're by scorah pattullo

http://www.scorahpattullo.com/mariosschwab.html

6c5yxdv.jpg

5y8l2sw.jpg

4m1wzgg.jpg

the metallics remind me of the colours of petrol in the rain. Love this so much...it all looks so organic yet industrial at the same time.

I'm very very disappointed with the runway layout.

The dresses may look plain from the front but actually they have very detailed backs...however the runway is split into two parts so you can't see the models walking back.

That's very stupid in my opinion. To evaluate the garment the runway should let all parties present see the front and the back.

You can also tell from the photographs that many of the details weren't captured.

Edit: by all parties I mean, not just the people who were able to swivel their heads to see the back of the garment. People who don't have the chance to see the collection in person....or people at the end of the runway or very start. I can see why they do it, it's to stop clutter of models walking at the same time but I don't really like it.

I'm very very disappointed with the runway layout.

The dresses may look plain from the front but actually they have very detailed backs...however the runway is split into two parts so you can't see the models walking back.

That's very stupid in my opinion. To evaluate the garment the runway should let all parties present see the front and the back.

You can also tell from the photographs that many of the details weren't captured.

Edit: by all parties I mean, not just the people who were able to swivel their heads to see the back of the garment. People who don't have the chance to see the collection in person....or people at the end of the runway or very start. I can see why they do it, it's to stop clutter of models walking at the same time but I don't really like it.

yeah i totally agree with you.

that's why back in the days, models used to twirl around on the runway so you can get a 360 view of the outfit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->