Martin Margiela Mens A/W 07.08 Paris

i think this collection is quite good. not brilliant but you definately get a sense, with the clothes, models and styling, that you're not just looking at some fashion pictures i can see the gigolo influence or maybe a New York underworld influence? in a strange way reminds me of gritty American cinema of the 1970s (without the flares) i like the fit of the coats and trousers (the purple suit is especially lovely) and the bare hairy chests! Martin Margiela is a label for people who mean it. not just timid folk who can barely manage to dip a pinky toe in fashion. Margiela is for people who take a head first plunge and this collection is a good example.

the male models reminded me of vincent gallo too..
this is cool and a bit undone..i like it ^_^

It's so......cute. Very cool, sexy pieces, but so easy, not the tortured "sexiness" of Cavalli, DSquared or D&G. Quite unlike the Martin Margiela I thought I knew. I'm really looking forward to his womenswear for FW!! :heart:

the models look creepy, one of them just looks homeless and the clothes don't help

Whoa. It looks like someone referenced Terry Richardson. A lot.

First thing that popped into my mind was 'Is this really margiela?'
Not a big fan of the styling, but the collection is starting to grow on me.
I'm sure the individual pieces will be nice. After all its the subtle quirks in his pieces that do it for me.

it's not bad, but nothing too refreshing aside from the variation in the colours used. but that's the reason why i like mmm, it's understated flashiness.

I really like this
I see alot of Sebastien Meunier in it....

vmob84 said:
the models look creepy, one of them just looks homeless and the clothes don't help
i think they're hot... :brows:

:rofl:

Scott said:
70's Italian gigolo's....hehe

not bad. but i don't identify with his menswear,however. i do like the leather patchwork pieces. but overall i still prefer the artisanal style.

Yes!! Its very 70s gigolo.

I like the brass knuckle and razor blade belt buckles.

The models are scary ugly!!

metal-on-metal said:
That's because he designed it. :flower: He's the Creative Director of Margiela men's.

I have yet to sink in with the collection. Loving the slim black blazer.

I thought SM was doing MM6?

Let me fish out the A Magazine that MMM curated...

Keep em coming!

I'm hoping he sells the hairy chest t-shirts for the less privileged among us...

I really love this... for some reason it reminds me of The Royal Tenenbaums, the styling and whatnot. hmm

my only complaint is the shoes, those I don't like.

about the models: some are kind of sketchy looking, but I couldn't really imagine some prim and proper Abercrombie & Fitch-looking models in this setting or in these clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why we can't all find different types sexy...must it always be pretty white little boys like in Dior Homme? It's awful that female models are so cookie-cutter, it has become unacceptable for "character" models in women'swear, always variations of Kate Moss, Coco, etc., come on guys...., support variety while you still can. And of course to also support a variety of designer styles.

I was watching some 60s/70s movies these past weeks, 5 Easy Pieces, One Flies Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and look at the actresses and actors at that time - Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Vanessa Redgrave, etc. They are amazing actors first, and good-looking in very distinctive ways, with a lot of flaws, but so interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->