Matthew Hitt

MATTHEW HITT
Hometown: Rhondda Valley, Wales. Now I live downtown.
Zodiac Sign:
Gemini.
Model crush:
LOL.
Best party this week:
The Band of Outsiders dinner was lovely. We ate meatballs and drank whiskey.
Song currently stuck in your head:
“Satan Rejected my Soul” by Morrissey.
Current Obsession:
Eating. When I eat it is the food that is scared.
If you weren’t a model, you’d be:
Waiting in line at the Labour Exchange.
Something we don’t know about you:
Sister, I’m a poet.
Who makes you LOL on Twitter?
Adam Green @averagecabbage
Most embarrassing model moment:
I remember slipping during my first season. The gasps from the front row were not comforting.
Favorite show:
I like doing Patrik’s shows.
elle.com

GQ Style Germany - 'Lokalkolorit'
Models: Matthew Hitt, Ian Mellencamp, Diego, Gio, Jackson & Thomas
Ph: Greg Harris
Stylist: Matthew Edelstein
Source: models

I know I've already commented here, but seriously he is like a fallen angel! FINALLY a beautiful, good-looking male model, not just someone 'interesting' and 'different'. I need to marry him someday :D Anyone know if he still models? I'm not really sure of the age range when it comes to male models...

Matthew Hitt by Greg Harris for GQ Style Germany - 2012
tumblr_m29xuhELB61r5ipnzo1_500.jpg

randomsaraness.tumblr

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that 2012 is the moment for a Britpop renaissance. In the past few months, not only have Pulp, Blur, and Suede—three of the Britpop “big four”—reunited, but in anticipation of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the summer Olympic Games in London, the U.K. has been awash with events highlighting the country’s cultural legacy; the same undertaking which, at the turn of the millennium, gave birth to the cult of “Cool Britannia.”

Now, exactly 20 years since Suede was proclaimed “The Best New Band in Britain” by music magazine Melody Maker (a defining moment, which in many ways heralded the start of the Britpop era), the Drowners, a four-piece group from New York who take their name from Suede’s debut single, are carrying the torch with their own modish blend of jangly indie pop. Rakish lead singer Matt Hitt—a native of South Wales with the look of a Britpop poster boy—first came to New York four years ago when he took a job teaching guitar at a summer camp in Vermont. “The first week they needed someone to chaperone a group of kids and I volunteered,” he explains in a coffee shop close to where he now lives on the Lower East Side. “On my first night I went to Times Square and a model scout spotted me outside the old Virgin Megastore.”

After spending the next few years traveling between London, Paris, Milan, and New York for modeling gigs, Hitt (who says he played guitar in a bevy of “crappy bands” while in high school), officially settled in the Big Apple last August. He soon bonded with guitarist Jack Ridley, bassist Erik Snyder, and drummer David Rubin over a shared love of “sad pop music,” and the trio formed what would later become the Drowners. “I went home to my parents’ house in Wales for two months to renew my visa,” Hitt explains. “That’s when I wrote a bunch of songs . . . My favorite band ever are the Smiths and the main thing I wanted to do was Johnny Marr–esque guitar lines and post-punk drums.”

From what we’ve heard from the Drowners so far (they are currently working on their first EP and have thus far released just a few demos online), it sounds as though Hitt has succeeded. Playful, garage rock–evoking ballads like “Long Hair” and “Unzip Your Harrington” tell romanticized stories about suburban teenage angst and fumbly first-time sexual encounters, and it’s hard not to hear a strong influence from Pulp lyricist Jarvis Cocker. In fact, Hitt recounts having just seen Pulp at Radio City Music Hall the night before, and admits there is something about gangly Cocker’s command of the stage that he hopes he can one day emulate. “Jarvis was doing all the dance moves I’m planning on studying,” he says. “He gives hope to anyone like me with a similar body type.”
vogue.com

Attachments

• img-the-drowners_171634934297.jpg_article_singleimage.jpg
    img-the-drowners_171634934297.jpg_article_singleimage.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 10
NYLON GUYS — JULY 2012
NEW WAVE

photographer: Clarke Tolton
stylist: Karen Levitt
MODEL(S:( Juan Heredia; Mateus Lages; Matthew Hitt

steelmachines

Magazine: Menswear
Issue: June 2012
Editorial: Rebel Rebel
Models: Brennen Steines, Steven Keating, Daniel Hamaj, Jeremy Schneider, Stephan H, Matthew Hitt
Groomer: Riad Azar |Opus Beauty|
Creative Director: Nancy Butkus
Fashion Editor: Alex Badia
Photographer: David Roemer |Atelier Management|

source malemodelscene.net

DETAILS — AUGUST 2012
DOUBLE TAKE

photographer: Shaun Hartas
stylist: Andreas Kokkino
MODEL(S:( Arthur Kulkov; Ben Hill; David Flinn; Jacques Naude; Matthew Hitt; Scott Duquette; Vincent LaCrocq; Will Chalker

steelmachines

i-Profile: Matt Hitt
Text: Sarah Raphael
Film and photography: Barbara Anastacio

Matt Hitt is a Welshman living in New York who likes to hang out in the same bar as Jack Kerouac and think about what that means.

Matt Hitt has a nice ring to it, sounds almost like a lyric. And could be, by his band, The Drowners, whose songs ‘Long Hair‘ and ‘Unzip your Harrington‘, sound just like laid back youth. The Drowners (named after the Suede song) recently supported The Vaccines and are making their name on the New York music scene playing Brit-garage-pop. While he’s not dreaming the American Dream and carefully considering lyrics, Matt models, signed to Wilhelmina New York and FM London; he even featured in i-D’s The World Wide Web Issue way back in 2007 when he wasn’t yet a superstar who played guitar. With a head full of words and a literature degree to blame for them, Matt’s circle of friends in New York are all very pretty, and include some fairly famous British babes like Alexa Chung and Brit-American Tennessee Thomas. Caught on camera by photographer and filmmaker Barbara Anastacio, Mr Hitt is the newest addition to our i-Profile series, sipping a mochachino while talking about the written word. Nerd.

i-donline.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->