Maybelline Signs Freja Beha Erichsen

I'm super excited about this! Freda's one of my favorites and she's a rare beauty that will be bring a new level of creativity with her versatility.

^I am definitely psyched about this. I have missed Freja a lot, actually. Nobody can replace her. She is one of the best models out there and I hope they get the shots together. As much as I love the Ramones shot (tigerrouge called it Bon Jovi but I beg to differ - it is Joey Ramone and Francois Hardy rolled into one) - but it is not Maybelline.

The last shot looks like a badly photoshopped Victoria Beckham - and then I realised that's what I said about the last set of images.

Freja just doesn't seem to be fitting well into the formula for modern beauty ads, but if you hire someone like her, surely it's because she can bring something different to these campaigns. Why try to shoehorn her into having the same blank look as all the other mascara spokesmodels?

*please do not quote images*

I really like te second pic, with the hand in the face. It looks like it should be in Numero Paris in a beauty story. (She usually does great beauty shots, but WITH EDGE.) The third one, and actual campaign, is not selling me at all. There is nothing commercial about Freja, and I wish she wasn't doing Maybelline. I know she has to pay her bills, but I rather see her in the top tier of high-fashion again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->