Memorable looks with ballet flats

newprincesita

Reaction score
Hi Ballet Flats lovers!

I love flats, and they look good on me, but sometimes I just don´t know how (and with what) wear them. I´like attached to heel, and I need to re-train my fashion sense to work them into my wardrobe. Because they look so right.
They can be ballet flats (stricly speaking) or any kind of simillar flat shoes.

So I thought we could gather up some pictures of celebrities and models wearing ballet flats with different clothes.

I´m gonna post some Kate Moss pics later, she makes ballet flats work like heaven. But please, show me your favorite looks:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
what a great thread idea! thanks for starting it :smile:
personally i'm the same, i've become completely lazy when it comes to wearing flats (especially ballet flats) and most often i just throw on some jeans and a cute blouse or a simple dress. seeing positive and inspiring examples would help me (and i bet many others) to awaken and start being more creative about these shoes.
if i find some inspiring pictures i will definitely post them.

okay so...
a few days ago i was looking through some streetstyle threads and i noticed that i'm aiming for 'london' looks most of the time. i've collected some examples that are inspiring to me with many kind of flats.

floral patterns with soft colours & rounded edges:
021552168-elleuk.jpg

elleuk.jpg

<source:elle uk>
these outfits are what i define as absolute love. i know that ballet flats with feminine dresses can turn out boring and sometimes cliche-like, but these looks have something plus in them that makes my eyes pinned to the screen for minutes.

skinny belts over simply cut dresses, playing with colours and contrasts, geeky accessories:
4682015364_305ccb08cc_b-stylescout.jpg

4695773068_2999e7e1db_b-justglitterlustblogspotcom.jpg

<source: stylescout.blogspot.com; justglitterlust.blogspot.com>
i aim for this look quite often, especially since i love my geeky glasses and briefcase. i also love the dark hair - pale skin - red lips combo. the only 'danger' i see in this look is that it can easily look too 'hipster' - something i wouldn't want to do.

+ 1 example i don't want to end up looking like (although i often do)
4752828703_4ae61e5a9c_o-stylescoutblogspotcom.jpg

<source:stylescout.blogspot.com>
i don't know what's wrong with this look for me. i love the colours, i even like the pieces - just not together, i think. maybe it's that the flats look plastic and rigid, or it's the out-of-place scarf, i'm not sure.

Some classic Kate...

splashnewsdjny070605a18.jpg
splashnewsdjny070605a18.jpg

pm531204.jpg

christmasshoppingnov276.jpg

12402127093961221004lo.jpg

hospitaloct311.jpg

ovyy9reyckq2.jpg

kmoss063009x17kmoss0630.jpg

All credit: katemossonline gallery
pm531204.jpg
004vl.jpg
3j2ra5daybif.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the pics you posted Kriszti and Lostinchaos.
I love flats to feminize a otherwise plain attire. When paired with florals and too dainty clothes it´s like too much for me, even if girls with fine features and ballerina-like bodies can absolutely pull that look off.

I love flats with pants (jeans or not) a tee and a blazer or a trench.

Flats+ trench is soo cool. I´ll try to post some pictures of this combo soon.

When I see Kate with flats and opaque thigts I love it. But then I cannot, I simply cannot. I live in the southern hemisphere (winter now) so I´m having ballet flats withdrawal symptoms....:wink: but I cannot make them work. When it´s sunny, I brave the cold with my flats "au naturel".
I just find so sexy bare legs in winter, even if it´s the small portion of flesh between the shoe and the hem of the pant. But, sometimes I come back home FREEZING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->