Men: Do You Wear Womens Clothing?

My boyfriend sometimes wears womens clothing because men clothing can be so boring sometimes .. It looks like designers have lots more creativity when they are thinking about the womens look.

For example : JEANS .. they can be very boring for men! So then why not wear a womens jeans?!

Yeah. Not full on drag, but I don't limit myself to looking just in the mens sections. I've bought some accessories (like jewelry that could go either sex) and some pants before, things like that.

I was at a shoe store and I saw these Marc Jacob Moon Boots, but they only had it for women, so I asked for the largest size and bought it. I wear from time to time...then again sneakers and such shoes like moon boots doesn't really have a "gender" specific look....it looks quite unisex.

This thread hasn't been updated in so long, i feel like I have to bring it back.

I'm currently 16 and have been wearing women's clothes since around 13 years old, nothing like dresses and skirts or anything of that sort, mainly women's pants and tops and shoes, typically pieces that conform to neither male or female stereotypes. I find that women's clothing are tailored in a more close cut, careful manner which I've always liked to see and therefore wear often. I do wear heels but mainly in a short, thicker, chunky heel form and on boots rather than pumps/stilettos, as I'm six foot one, and those types of heels would not make me even taller and be harder to walk in.

I've never experience prejudice about the way I dress when I go to school, bearing in mind my school is a smaller, liberal private high school in San Francisco, and I'm not the only "alternative" (for lack of a better word) person there. My parent's don't think it strange either, in fact they find it easier and cheaper to purchase nice women's clothes than nice men's clothes.

I am extremely partial to a pair of Jil Sander black pants I bought at a consignment store the other day in a Size DK34-US 4, which fit perfectly and the tailoring is impeccable considering they were used and they really elongate my legs (I don't need too much of that, but the longer the leg the better imo) After purchasing them i find it safe to say that I never will purchase a pair of mens loosely fitting slacks after stepping into this pair of pants.
Final statement: Womens clothing > Men's clothing (on me at least)

i raid the women's jewelry at places like H&M and Topshop because they have such better and more diverse stuff. I don't wear like fake diamonds or anything, very tasteful stuff like a metal cuff or a long gold chain necklace. Also i'm getting into clutches for night too but they have to have a masculine quality to them. In terms of actual clothing I have come close to buying womens clothing but I never actually have. I would have no problem buying a womens jacket or pants if they were really cool but since I'm really tall (6'2) it's hard to find things long enough in mens let alone womens!

bump-
with all the new male members, and the trends on the catwalks, this question seems more relevant than ever...

:flower:

Jumpers, and mostly from Pringle of Scotland. They do these really nice oversized jumpers and cardis which I feel really rather confident in. That's probably the only women's items I buy without thinking twice. And in some cases I actually got more compliments from guys.

I always resent womens options when it comes to knitted running shoes. The colour and design are always way more vibrant and interesting. But I cannot ever get myself to buy them, it's just not possible, of course.

Never. I once bought by mistake, think it was labelled wrongly, a pair of Acne trousers and the crotch and hip area just felt weird. Too little and too much cloth respectively.

^ What I would expect :wink: I know a lot of women wear men's clothing, but I've never tried. I suspect I just don't have that kind of body.

Not really unless it's like a necklace, ring, bracelet, etc. Sometimes if it's an oversized woman's sweater or t shirt that looks nice, I will try it. You can kinda get away with that. Many outerwear pieces (like bomber jackets) also lean towards unisex, so I sometimes experiment with that. It's pretty difficult though. Women always pull it off better when it comes to experimenting with the opposite sex's clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->