Michael Kors Collections F/W 2018.19 : Binx Walton by Inez & Vinoodh

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

Binx is the epitome of today’s woman,” Michael Kors tells Vogue of enlisting American model Binx Walton as his Michael Kors Collection autumn/winter 2018 campaign star. “Her attitude and style personify modern laid-back luxury – she is strong and a bit of a tomboy.” Shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, the series of photographs captures Walton reclining in a private jet wearing the eclectic mash-up of prints that make up his latest Michael Kors Collection designs, which celebrates the “joy of fashion”. The mood is jet-set glamour, combining both Kors’s and his collaborators’ love of travel in an intimate setting. “I love to collaborate with creative people to see how they interpret my design vision,” Kors says. “Inez and Vinoodh’s photos captured the modern jet setter at her most laid back. I wanted the photos to have an eclectic spirit, which reflects my fall runway show. ”The collaboration with the Dutch photography duo was born out of necessity. Prior to the autumn/winter 2018 season, Mario Testino had exclusively shot the brand's campaigns for 14 years. The day before the New York Times reported the sexual assault allegations against Testino, amongst other high-profile photographers, Kors issued a statement ending his professional relationship with Testino, and began quietly putting a new creative marketing team together.
VOGUE. CO.UK

"Interpret my design vision" - the one where Kors wants some of that Gucci cash.

Could be a Miss Vogue edit for all we know. And by that I mean filler at best. I&V did a terrible job here. Michael Kors functioned on being accessible yet stylish. The only shot here which still fit that mould is Binx in the black dress. He should consult his new team again.

Kors is trying to hard to be cool. I love Binx but she is too cool for Kors...
Tragic collection for tragic campaign...

He should call Fabien Baron. The campaigns he did for him in the early 00’s were good.

I screamed when I saw the title. But then I remembered how incredibly ugly and silly the collection was...

I’m glad for Binx because she’s literally the best model out there now but the result is lazy.

Nope, I don't like this and I don't understand how Binx can be considered a Michael Kors woman. To me the MK woman is Carolyn Murphy, Amber Valletta, Joan Smalls...

Nope, I don't like this and I don't understand how Binx can be considered a Michael Kors woman. To me the MK woman is Carolyn Murphy, Amber Valletta, Joan Smalls...

Agreed! Mature, sophisticated, elegant. Not with loads of accessories lying about.

Agreed! Mature, sophisticated, elegant. Not with loads of accessories lying about.

Agreed with both of you, Binx is the last model I would cast for a MK ad campaign, she is light years away from the core of the brand geez, but these days fashion houses and magazines hire whoever anyways as long as they are `influencers´ LOL... So I guess designers also feel the need to jump on the same boat I guess. And when it´s not an influencer kind of thing, they hire models who don´t connect with the brand therefore the consumers don´t recognize the brand nor the aesthetic. Weird era of Fashion we´re living past the 2010´s.

Wow, I truly did not this could get any worse. As someone who has grown to like Binx in my opinion she easily could have nailed a Michael Kors in the traditional sense. But this? Not working at all. I really think its the collection and less of I&V and Binx.

They styled her curls like some bridesmaid hair they probably didnt know what to do with them. The only shot i remotely like is the one with the sleeked back hair otherwise the whole messy set is hideous and her acting is not good enough for such a concept

“Is this what the youths like?” Is basically all I’m getting from this campaign.

she looks b#tchy, love her attitude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->