Miu Miu Resort 2019 Paris

This is MiuMiu not Valentino.

Here for Uma Thurman and Uma Thurman only. The rest of this show is as annoying as MiuMiu has been for the past couple of season, cast included. Who still cares about all these has-beens like Kate Bosworth, Georgia May Jagger or Jaime King?

The styling is atrocious.

Another MiuMiu mess courtesy of Katie Grand.
I’m not annoyed anymore...
I think I know now why the styling is such a mess. Miss Grand doesn’t have that sophisticated touch that can turn something quirky in the chic territory.

Watching the show, I kept thinking about the Tom Ford FW18 show. It was intentionally tacky and it turned out to be fun. This is not fun or quirky.

It’s pity because there are a lot of beautiful pieces like the dress on Liya and all the pieces similar to that.
So now they are doing the ostrich feathers trim every season now?

I hate the cast (despite the fact that I love those veterans individually), I hate how the line-up wasn’t put together, I hate the fact that Uma is wearing a dress with a stiff bottom...

MiuMiu is now Katie Grand playground, she is not interested in the legacy of the house it seems.

Seeing another marvelous outfit by Miuccia was again, as usual lately, the highlight of the show.

Hahaha, she always wears my favorite outfits and that's what makes me still believe in her taste. The collection is a pretty piece of nothing, too kitschy for its own good and the pieces aren't strong on their own.

I have such fond memories of the last good Miu Miu show (Spring 2016) such a dreamy mixture of childlike elements, ladylike preciousness and a whif of teen rebellion that went straight to my heart.

They need to stop working with Katie, what a messy show, styling and cast, mostly. So happy to see Naomi, Alek, Liya and Adut, by the way.

I actually don't mind the casting. Kind of a nice surprise to see some non-models and some veterans return. And I actually like the cocktail dresses - can definitely see them on the red carpet.
But overall it's bit of a meh.
She's definitely lost touch with this brand and Prada.

Miu Miu team: Miuccia, the collection sucks. It's tacky, overdesigned, full of gimmicks and over the place.

Miuccia: Oh, what can we do?

Katie Grand: Let's get a lot of famous people walking for us and everyone are going to talk about how great the casting was and they'll forget the clothes!

I can bet my #ss that the previous moment to the show was like that.

As of two days ago there were no celebrities walking the Miu Miu show. Then inspiration struck, and Miuccia Prada and her team started making calls, asking guests if they’d like to swap roles for a night. “We called them in the morning, they jumped on the plane, and then they arrived—they all said yes,” the designer exclaimed, genuinely delighted with the turnout. It was a starry multigenerational crew, from Stranger Thing’s Sadie Sink to Chloe Sevingy, Gwendoline Christie, and Uma Thurman. “Uma told me, ‘I’ve never had a decision so spontaneous since ages,’ ” Prada continued.

That idea of spontaneity was echoed in the Resort collection. This season’s Miu Miu woman was either stepping out to the local boulangerie in her PJs and fluffy slippers or she was just home from a wild party, in a silk duchesse gown scattered with strass and a grandpa cardigan. Prada seemed turned on by that liminal state. She’s coming, she’s going, she’s on the threshold of something. The Regina Hotel, an old stalwart of the traveling fashion crowd whose popularity is coming around again, was the setting for the show. “A hotel has mystery, intrigue, and stories,” Prada said. Filmy peignoirs notwithstanding, the story never got too steamy. Most of the sheer pieces were layered over sporty bandeau tops and briefs in cheery prints. (The collection was rounded out acid wash denim and spongy athletic separates, but they were a weak subplot.)

It wasn’t just the presence of Roman Polanski at the show that conjured images of Rosemary’s Baby. A model with Mia Farrow’s strawberry blond pixie cut wore a babydoll dress that could’ve been lifted from the film’s wardrobe closet. That 1968 movie has become a touchpoint in the era of MeToo and a US Supreme Court poised to potentially overturn Roe v. Wade. Addressing those issues wasn’t Prada’s intention. She insisted that with Resort—“this collection in the middle,” she called it—“she feels more free and has more fun.” At the after-party you got her drift. The models and actresses wore their looks straight off the catwalk and into the crowd and in their spangly shifts and minis and dresses with deep cutouts at the ribs they looked utterly right in the steamy Paris evening. Also: Rowan Blanchard’s duchesse satin gown with the asymmetrical gold leopard lamé strap will be getting its own start turn on a red carpet imminently.
vogue

I thought Jamie King was Kinga Rajzak, I wish it was.

I feel like the styling is less obnoxious than seasons past.

The ostrich trim HAS to go.

I love some outfits but it is hard to find a collection. They look like random looks put all together. I love Alek and Naomi but the celebrity cast is so distracting.

Way more interesting than a Prada collection, but it's still a mess. With some focus and constraint it would've been more impactful.

So tired of Miuccia at this point. Its not like the worst collection ever, but Im so annoyed that I will not even give a chance to check the details. I will just save this and go back to couture week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->