Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 21, 2017.

1. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Active Member

I think its strange that some of you on here are so concerned with her surgery and what she does with her body... I didnt see anything wrong with her nude photos, and she has a great body. There are plenty of male models with their asses out and no one has an issue with that. Why is it different with her?

2. Benn98

Benn98 Active Member

I for one am convinced she sold her stuff to finance this boob job, or lips, or whatever else she had altered. I dunno, it's her business, she's allowed to change whatever she wants.
    I'm certainly not buying that it was for a charity drive. Why not hand it over to them to broker the deal on Ebay? It would give her more time to twirl around on Italian patios with terribly dressed men while lifting her skirt for all of Instagram to see.

He did say that he was a prude, lol.

3. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Active Member

^^^^^ Right, it's well known that people have a strong tendency to hire other people like themselves. But everyone knows this, and we have something that fixes it called affirmative action.

It's not an accident anymore, now that we all know, and by the way, the problem *does not* fix itself. A conscious effort to overcome lack of diversity must be made, by every single hiring manager, and by every single person in HR. That's how the problem gets fixed, no other way.

4. MulletProof

MulletProof Active Member

I can't believe you reported her because she's not showing her breasts in what you consider a "classy" way. :lol:

model fans :rolleye:.. I know they take their past time very seriously but damn, next thing you know you'll be harassing her relatives like the other creepy member here that did that. Self-imposed boundaries work wonders on the internet, for the sake of self-respect (speaking of morals...).

#44 MulletProof, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited by moderator Aviar: Aug 22, 2017
  5. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

"If you don't like it, you don't have to look at it." - Xtina :lol:

6. russianelf

russianelf Member

I was browsing through the mag and when I saw this photo, I thought 'why hasn't anyone dragged them yet' and voila, Naomi herself decides to do some scalping. Queen!

7. anlabe32

anlabe32 Active Member

Exactly, not by Naomi on social media like that.

Thanks for insulting me :wink: and that's not why I reported it.

8. [Piece Of Me]

[Piece Of Me] Active Member

YESS @ Naomi- drag them, girl! The office of Vogue UK is based in London, one of the most diverse cities in the world, and your whole office only exists of white people!? Surely you have to think that may be a bit weird (at least). It seems these people in charge are totally clueless when it comes to diversity and inclusion and it's so sad to see.

I know, right? Why would people take offence at a pair of boobs? Just look at Instagram and I see (half) naked men all around, flaunting their bodies, asses, wearing jockstraps etc. etc. And nobody complains about that :rolleyes: Double standards..

9. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Member

Nothing wrong with Magdalena's picture. The concept of "female purity" is nothing more than patriarchal BS from the Middle Ages.

10. Scotty

Scotty Active Member

It was the first comment. Maybe she removed.

11. dsamg

dsamg Active Member

It is a fact that she sells her things on ebay, she posts about it often. Insta no longer has an anti-nipple policy. They will now only delete photos depicting sexual acts or showing genitals.

12. eizhowa

eizhowa Active Member

Benn98 and Fashionista-ta: I want to wrap this up by saying that I totally agree with you re. how hiring should be done :)

And re. Magda, I like my models a bit tacky. It makes life more fun:cool:

13. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

What Naomi posted could also be described as a photo of an office that refused to use her in their magazine because they no longer wanted to put up with what they deemed her unprofessional behaviour.

I'm sure if I was used to getting my own way, I'd not be fond of those who said no to me.

It doesn't negate what UK Vogue has done over the years in terms of its content, but I kinda don't see Naomi as the Martin Luther King of modelling, I'd presume petty self-interest before anything else. But I suppose that could be said of anyone.

14. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Active Member

She is the further from that and that's what is making me super angry. She's an hypocrite! She just recently shared a yoga picture and the news outlets shared as being herself depicted and she never, for once, posted anything giving any credit to the actual girl. She got so much hate from stealing the picture she had to delete it. And yet, not even one "I'm sorry". The girl was a black model/yoga instructor/dancer.

If her notion of diversity is stealing from less known POC and getting her celebrity friends with no credentials to work on a magazine... :rolleyes:

15. eizhowa

eizhowa Active Member

Well, unless Naomi claimed that it was herself, the only thing she did wrong was to not give credit. I saw those pictures and it is very obvious that it is not Naomi.

#55 eizhowa, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited by moderator KimJelly: Aug 25, 2017
  16. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Active Member

And isn't that enough? To use someone's image without their consent/tagging them/giving them credit is a crime. By not doing that she obviously let it go as if the picture was hers. And it was not. She used someone else's work/property. She was lucky the girl was "kind of" cool with it.

17. eizhowa

eizhowa Active Member

I have wondered what could be considered fair use on social media before (I have weird hobbies), and I am still not convinced that every uncredited repost on instagram is an infringement. From what I can gather, the deciding factor seems to be whether someone loses potential income because of the repost. I really don't know enough about the circumstances to know how I feel about this specific case.

Of course credit should be given because it is common courtesy (although that is generally lacking on social media), but I don't know that it is a crime.

#57 eizhowa, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited by moderator KimJelly: Aug 25, 2017
  18. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

Naomi has been outspoken for years regarding the lack of diversity in the modeling world overall, which extends itself in this situation as are looking at the bigger picture here. So, even if it was her giving the middle finger to the magazine that 'refused to use her [...] because they no longer wanted to put up with what they deemed her unprofessional behaviour' it isn't as tho this is the first time she has spoken out about this issue.

So, on that note, I will give her the benefit of doubt here

19. dsamg

dsamg Active Member

You are correct about the charity drive. She said herself that 'part' of the funds will go to charity. That means that the majority is for herself. I agree with you that she is definitely allowed to change whatever she wants. I just thought it was a pretty terrible job and looked very botched from that angle but perhaps some posters are correct that it just needs time to settle. In saying that, boob job speculation has been happening for months so I am pretty sure they are at least a few months old. Who knows.

Anywho, she does have some pretty nice stuff for sale if anyone is interested https://www.ebay.ph/sch/magfrack/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

#59 dsamg, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited by moderator impamelale93: Aug 26, 2017
  20. modelista

modelista Active Member

Svetlana Zakharova doing the quote "#bellahadidchallenge":rofl:

[

#60 modelista, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited by moderator Buffaloed: Jul 19, 2018 at 3:13 PM