Model Behavior [Read post #1 before posting] #10

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 21, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Morgane07

Morgane07 New Member

If social media existed when Kate Moss started, God knows which turn here career would've taken.
    And using an unflattering picture with an unflattering lighting is a bit too easy and hypocritical.

2. mathiaskatz

mathiaskatz Member

Devon's apology
    [​IMG]

cr: dm

3. lightblue

lightblue Member

I believe Devon in this one, I watched the show and I think she did not mean no harm when she said what she said.

4. kenndale

kenndale Member

Yeah Devon didn’t mean any harm because she’s obviously not smart enough to put the connection together.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I saw the clip and what struck me most was Devon rudely trying to minimise the Asian girl's serious statement! That annoyed me more than her actual comment. That she was completely unable to sense that this was a serious discussion. What I've found is that when you're in a position of privilege, as I've personally encountered countless times due to my gender, race, nationality, socioeconomic status or whatever, you shut up and listen when someone from a disadvantaged group air their views. Devon however didn't event pause for a moment to process what the girls said.

I always hear people say 'oh the youth of today and tomorrow will be more progressive in thought when it comes to diversity', but I really doubt it. Here you have a girl who's work environment at any given point would entail people of different creed, gender and whatnot, yet she still believes having to speak 'Paris' and getting the luxury of being morphed into the much revered 'thin, white and blonde' archetype, and subsequently reaping those benefits, is a struggle.

6. magsaddict

magsaddict Member

I found Devon's comments just mind boggling. Like come on Dev, read the room?! She should be ashamed of that. I don't want to defend her in anyway but, years of analysing partially scripted reality shows means there's a fair chance that the scene we saw could be out of sequence to the actual events and very selectively edited. Still, there's no excuse for that level of insensitivity.

Regarding Gemma Ward's comment on Kaia, i think that's totally coming from a good place, but just not expressed on the right forum. Gemma is probably one of the few people in the world who could understand the level of pressure, scrutiny and work of being a teenage supermodel, even Cindy was well into adulthood when she reached that level of success. I'm sure now Gemma's re-entering the industry as a grown woman and a mother, she's much more likely to speak up for what she believes in.

7. happytrail

happytrail Active Member

That's clearly Devon's PR team writing that apology because most of those words have more than one syllable!

I REALLY REALLY want her career to be over, but I'm afraid this exposure might even help her.