Models Switching Agencies (November 2010 - February 2013)

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by ash92, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. ash92

ash92 New Member

Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
    • Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
    • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
    • To view previous thread, click here.

Thank you.

#1 ash92, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Aviar: Nov 21, 2010
  2. scratchBOOK

scratchBOOK New Member

aw why. Major agent really pimped River so hard at the beginning of his career

3. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

It's another Paul Rowland - Ford case :flower:
    Jason Kanner make a new agency called Soul Artist and his models followed him.

4. scratchBOOK

scratchBOOK New Member

ahh that makes sense :lol:

5. Tom Linkens

Tom Linkens Member

Soul Artist NY found on Google yet?

6. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

7. behansu

behansu New Member

8. modela

modela Active Member

When will they learn :rolleyes: :lol:

9. fritmayo

fritmayo Member

They actually have not much choice.
    Their scouting network is near level zero, really not much mother agencies over the world still accepting working with them, so with no strong scouting partners, poaching is the only way to keep a top board...

10. agee

agee Active Member

Wilhelmina must be saber rattling, which may be smart on their part so that Next will not go after any of their bigger fish, because of the models in question, none are fashion models and it seems like only one could be considered a commercial model. Presumably the models in question are money makers but probably doing non-visible stuff like showroom work.

Yeah it may be sleazy for Next to poach, but if I were a non-top model and Next was eyeballing me, I would hightail it over there because they get their girls work, I am not sure if Karlie would have gotten to the level that she is if she stayed at Elite. Yeah, Coco did a lot but I don't know if I would trust that they could replicate her success.

Just curious why did the mother agencies stop working with them?

11. ash92

ash92 New Member

I've always wondered how Next scouts it's models and I guess you sort of cleared it up. Their network is not as known as say the big Ford and Elite competitions, and not as in depth as IMG's. And as for the mother agency, the only one that has a clear distinction of always being with Next is Chic Management, but it seems that less and less of their girls are getting signed with Next NY.

12. mainstay

mainstay Active Member

Mother agencies avoid Next because they're notorious for trying to get girls to leave their mother agents (thus, mother agents stop receiving their meager commission), and they also often refuse to pay mother agent commission outright so mother agents find other equally as successful agencies that will "abide by the rules."

13. cologne_rocks

cologne_rocks New Member

Then again, Next has been first choice of a few motheragencies like Modelwerk recently, and not to forget about the Clarkes of Mother Management who seem to be very closy-working if not even on an exclusive with Next having Kloss, Fogarty and all their newcomers there.

14. dpbenson

dpbenson New Member

I wonder why Next does not just beef up their scouting network. Surely, the lawyer costs in responding to lawsuits - didn't Ford sue them too? - cannot be cheap.

15. Bamhutt

Bamhutt Active Member

^ yeah that sounds reasonable but as others have said the mother agents don't seem too keen to work with Next. The few mother agencies they do have on board appear to have an exclusive agreement. I think Next are trying to strengthen this area, for example, there are a few non-Next organised model searches where the winner gets a contract/meeting with them (e.g. Girlfriend Model Search, Artistry Model Search, TCI Contest, New Zealand's Next Top Model etc.)

16. *Bianca*

*Bianca* New Member

Girlfriend is organised/judged by Chic.... so by default the girl who wins, will have the opportunity to be signed by Next. Interesting that they changed it to a meeting with Next rather than a 2 year contract or whatever it had always been. Guess they weren't too happy with the last couple of winners.

17. fritmayo

fritmayo Member

That's exactly that.
    In most countries Next has one exclusiv patner, the deal works in both way, if a mother agent gives first option to Next they expect that Next will not visit too much other mother agencies in the country where they are exclusiv.

So let's take Poland, if IMG send a scout to Poland, he will visit maybe between 10 or 15 agencies, some very small, but sometimes, it is possible to see a top girl in a very small structur so basically IMG has the politic to visit almost anyone.
    at the same time in Poland, NEXT will work with 2-3 agencies, no more, so...at the end obviously one agency has much more chance to scout more good girls than the other...

It's pitty caus in the 90's Next was actually rather in advance and very dynamic in scouting system. but the problem started quickly, as at that time, they were the first to propose big advance contract to the mother agencies, which sounded very attractiv.

Of course some girls did not work as expected, which means Next started to cheat about paying the promised commissions to the MA and some MA started to stop to work with them for that.

So they got into a vicious circle, their mother agency exclusiv deals just dont provide them enough new girls to keep a board of their rank, so they poach.
    I will not give details here, but basically they use the same way to poach girls than what they did to attract MA in the 90's, proposition of advance money paid directly to the girl (and request of her breaking her MA contract..) and big promises, of course not always kept...

18. *Bianca*

*Bianca* New Member

Elsa Sylvan: DNA -> One NY

19. modelfanamber

modelfanamber Active Member

^ Ugh...really????? Doesn't seem like a smart move to me... :(

Another girl leaving DNA...
    Milana Keller: DNA NY ---> Marilyn NY

#19 modelfanamber, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by moderator bearbear: Nov 22, 2010
  20. modela

modela Active Member

Well Milana left a while ago , but why go to One NY of all the choices you have. DNA does have alot of random girls on their board , that i rather see leaving.

Tara Gill has left Viva aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.