from kuklina @ fashist

Ujwala Raut - CITY PARIS ---> WOMEN PARIS
Maryna Linchuck - BEATRICE MILAN ---> WHY NOT MILAN
Ana Beatriz Barros - NEXT NY ---> ELITE NY
Alexandra Richards - NEXT NY ---> WILHELMINA NY
Manon Von Gerken - NEXT NY ---> WILHELMINA NY
Fabiane Nunes - XS Models NY ---> FORD NY

^Karlie Kloss apparently

Knowing that it's possible to not even make 200,000 in this business I would take it. And knowing that the agency just spent 200,000 on you would make you know that they are going to work that much harder to earn back that 200,000 they just gave you. Especially since I would say Next and Elite are on more even ground in comparison.

For what it's worth, because they have yet to surface elsewhere, the following girls are no longer on the Supreme website (aka dropped?:(

Carol Sippel
Feodora Jatskiv
Kasia Zych
Piveta Geovana

+1 more...I'm trying to recall the order of names, but I keep coming up one girl short. :lol:

^the one missing is Eugenia Vidal, unfortunately...:cry: Just hope she'll sign somewhere else quickly. I know she's a tad short for runways but her editorials are impressive. The problem is, I think she was really fitting Supreme's aesthetics so right now I don't see to which other agency she would skip... even I have my secret wishes :P

For some reason I think Trump might sign Carol Sippel, I don't know why and I'm hoping Kasia Zych gets signed by another New York agency; hopefully Elite since I think they'd work well for her.

^Karlie Kloss apparently
Everyone was confused about how she switched from Elite to Next, but now she's getting bigger campaigns and opening/closing runway everywhere. ^_^

Didn't Lily Donaldson switch agencies ages ago? I can't remember the details (as in which agency she was with and where she went in which city), but if my memory serves me correctly she switched to IMG right? Nearly all her "popular girl" friends are there, Lily Cole, Gemma, Stam and Freja, and she fits really well into that Line up.

^Yes... Lily Donaldson used to be with Marilyn, before she switched to IMG.

what happened to Tiiu? There are some suspicions that she left Major?
Does anyone know which agency she's signed with now?

Everyone was confused about how she switched from Elite to Next, but now she's getting bigger campaigns and opening/closing runway everywhere. ^_^

Really? What campaigns has she confirmed this season?

Her campaings for s/s08 (nina ricci, see by chloe, etc.) would have been through elite, so they def. did a lot for her career.

Interested to see what next does for her!

Tiiu is no longer on the Major website I don't know where she went but it's inevitable. Models who become big don't want to pay the 20% commission per job, they seek out new agencies to either pay nothing or receive part of the agency commission from the client.

Last edited by a moderator:
via fashist

Marta Berzkalna : 1 MGT NY -> Next NY
Tori Praver : Ford NY -> IMG NY
Rosie H-W : Nathalie Paris -> Women Paris
Tasha Tilberg : IMG Paris -> Marilyn Paris
Ginta Lapina : Elite Paris -> Women Paris
Marine Vatch : Success Paris-> Marilyn Paris

You can add these two to the list:

Dioni Tabbers: Major Paris -> Women Paris
Regina Shnizer: Major Paris -> Success Paris

I'm a bit worried to see all these girls leaving Major but in the same time they've added many new promising ones... Let's wait to see what's exactly on at Success, many moves here as well :shifty:

^that's not sure...

For example, Natalya Piro left Next in Europe for Women (Milan and probably Paris) and Select (London) but she's still with Next NY right now... same with Dioni I think, who only switched in Europe too. At least that were the latest news from her you could read on her thread.
Viktoriya Sasonkina, though, switched to Women worldwide. So, we never know... ^_^

Yeah, lets say if she was with Next NY I wouldn't want her to leave them but considering she's with MC2, I want her to leave. I honestly think she could do better.

Run Through

4/18/08

10:55 AM

Model Poaching: Elite Sues Next for Stealing Karlie Kloss

18_karlie_lgl.jpg
Quick — someone grab "Klosshave" before another
agency does!Photo: imaxtree

The fashion industry is keeping lawyers pretty busy these days: First NBC sued the Weinsteins over Project Runway, then Phat Fashions sued Victoria's Secret over a "P" logo, and in turn Victoria's Secret sued Macy's over its Pinkish line. Not to be outdone, the modeling industry enters the fray today with Elite Model Management's suit against Next Model Management. Elite accuses Next of stealing its talent, namely burgeoning supermodel with the best runway death stare ever, young Karlie Kloss. The Post reports:
The suit claims Next offered her "improper compensation" to lure her. A source said, "Elite is especially angry because they are the agency responsible for launching her career." The suit claims Next has also "poached through improper means" other Elite models. It cites a February 2006 New York Post article in which Next co-owner Joel Wilkenfeld acknowledged, "These things happen in our business." Wilkenfeld told Page Six he hadn't seen a copy of the suit and therefore had no comment.​
We wonder what "improper means" refers to. Did they dangle Chanel handbags in their faces? Perhaps Next's comp cards have better paper stock? The article also hilariously, repeatedly refers to Karlie Kloss as "Karlie Klosshave," which means the paper either made a really embarrassing error (seriously, they could have checked our Model Manual) or uncovered her real top-secret pre-model name. We're leaning toward the former, but the latter would be pretty awesome.
MODEL SHOP LOSES STAR, SUES [NYP] source NY Mag.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->