Models Switching Agencies

^Is it a reply to my post ? Just in case I wasn't talking about this issue but some general thoughts about agencies not updating their sites ^_^

Then you say that she wasn't under contract ? Well, in this case I think she can be dropped almost anytime (and on another hand, leave anytime).

shes never signed a contract with them - ever.
I guess she was waiting till it was over and banking money.

She hadnt actually pocketed anything but it was building up in her model bank account and once the contract was over she was going to get the money she was owed.

The problem is that the more you say, the less it make sense...
if she had no contract, she was definitly not on the A list of NYMM, as of course they will never push hard for a girl with no contract, and according to you she did not not make any money yet.

When was her last job? when last time she has been sent to a casting?

I find amazing that from one side people seems surprise that agencies dont remove immediatly a girl who has with there anymore but from another side a girl who maybe had no work contact with the agency for weeks is suprised that she removed from the web site:rolleyes:

To be in the agency, it means to work for them and to go to casting, if no casting, contact or work for them for weeks, it is by fact not to be in an agency anymore even if still on the web site...

She booked a lot of money jobs. You dont have to sign a contract right away, how does that not make sense?

Its so that when the contract is over, the model can take the money that built up (in this case - kinda a lot) and leave to another agency she actually wants.

She was going on castings always except the last few days.

I find amazing that from one side people seems surprise that agencies dont remove immediatly a girl who has with there anymore but from another side a girl who maybe had no work contact with the agency for weeks is suprised that she removed from the web site

Huh? I never said she had no contact with them for weeks. Sometimes you just dont have many castings in a week so she didn't hear from them for a couple of days. and girls usually do not spend their time in the agency unless they need to be there for something.

Well whatever, regardless I still am surprised she had no clue. Is what I was just trying to point out but like I already explained it all.

And if the websites are only a tool then why does this thread even exist if we check the site and find out someone is missing if we come back here and just get told people are slow to update siteS?

You dont have to sign a contract right away, how does that not make sense?

You might not have to sign a contract but believe me most of the good agencies truly prefer to have their models under contract. I know a few agencies that unfortunately didn't and had bad surprises, espeically at the wrong moment...

And if the websites are only a tool then why does this thread even exist if we check the site and find out someone is missing if we come back here and just get told people are slow to update siteS?

Most of the updates here are from NY websites and that's actually no wonder as NY agencies are the quickest to update their sites, they are also a lot more into image...

And if the websites are only a tool then why does this thread even exist i

well maybe because the web site is just made for people on forums who has no real inside informations...:D

But fortunatly here there are more than few members who can share the rights infos without the need of checking agencies web sites...

Regarding contract and money earned, it does not work in practise as u seem to think, but well, no big deal:wink:

I sitll do not get what Women-Direct is exactly. But I guess its pointless to ask again.

Svieta Nemkova

Women NY --> Women-Direct NY

Well, I still haven't fully figured out the secret behind Women Direct too, but overall I assume it's simply the "more commercial sister" of Women (like Supreme is the edgier one...)

^could be a suitable description. More than anything else, opening Women Direct was a good way for Women to remain a tiny board, with only high profile "big" names and high level upcoming girls. Women Direct also focuses on high-end commercial indeed and that's why some girls were redirected there (best example could be Timoxa who seems at a better place now). They are also active in development as an opportunity to develop more girls' portfolios, still keeping Women's roster tiny and select.

But girls like Alla Kostromichova.. so far from commercial. It seems to me, like you pointed out, its just a way to keep Women's board as botique-like as possible, so they place girls they aren't so sure about at women-direct and have the option of moving them later (ie Dorathea..)

One has to understand that Women, Supreme and Women-Direct all share the same office and operate under (basically) the same company. The only difference is that each board has their own bookers, space in the office, and "image" but the Women Group is the 'umbrella' company.

Women Direct was initially started to be the much more commercial sister agency in the Women group, but one of the founding directors/bookers of the agency (who has since left to New York Models) tried to make it become something much more editorial, almost in an attempt to rival Women, by signing girls like Alla and Dorothea and subsequently pushing them into the editorial / show market, where they reached a high level of success. Women Direct was also established as a place for models who didn't fit the 'Women' or 'Supreme' mold / image but were still viable, high end (read: profitable) models previously placed with Women or Supreme -- such as Timoxa, Luize Salmgrieze, Svieta Nemkova, Irina Vodolozova, Luisa Ingman and Melody Woodin. All of the boards are separate though meaning, Supreme is not the development board of Women, and Women Direct is not where Women models go when they aren't working as much editorially... etc.

Essentially it's all about image. It was explained to me like this: Carmen Kass embodies the Women side of things, as a timeless, classic, elegant, editorial beauty. Iris embodies Supreme, as a quirky, intelligent, unique, contemporary beauty, and Fernanda Motta embodies Women Direct, as sexy, commercial, high end money model.

Make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
One has to understand that Women, Supreme and Women-Direct all share the same office and operate under (basically) the same company. The only difference is that each board has their own bookers, space in the office, and "image" but the Women Group is the 'umbrella' company.

Women Direct was initially started to be the much more commercial sister agency in the Women group, but one of the founding directors/bookers of the agency (who has since left to New York Models) tried to make it become something much more editorial, almost in an attempt to rival Women, by signing girls like Alla and Dorothea and subsequently pushing them into the editorial / show market, where they reached a high level of success. Women Direct was also established as a place for models who didn't fit the 'Women' or 'Supreme' mold / image but were still viable, high end (read: profitable) models previously placed with Women or Supreme -- such as Timoxa, Luize Salmgrieze, Svieta Nemkova, Irina Vodolozova, Luisa Ingman and Melody Woodin. All of the boards are separate though meaning, Supreme is not the development board of Women, and Women Direct is not where Women models go when they aren't working as much editorially... etc.

Essentially it's all about image. It was explained to me like this: Carmen Kass embodies the Women side of things, as a timeless, classic, elegant, editorial beauty. Iris embodies Supreme, as a quirky, intelligent, unique, contemporary beauty, and Fernanda Motta embodies Women Direct, as sexy, commercial, high end money model.

Make sense?

thanks for the explanation!it makes sense now.

mainstay: that defenitely makes sense :wink: Thanks!

Don't think this was mentioned here before: Toni Garrn: Modelwerk --> Mega Models

What happened and how is it going to affect her international placements ?
I'm really wondering which international consequences it may have... consequences that might be causes actually...

Thank you mainstay,you explained it perfectly.

wow!!! didnt they scouted her?? plus she still is doing fine this season! did she leave with a booker??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->