Molly Goddard S/S 2019 London

Her best runway collection yet! I love all the pieces in solid colors, from the popelin to the last row of chiffon!
There's maybe a lack of consistency when it comes to print. Most of the printed stuff looks very early 00's and when there's prints and ruffles, it's almost a caricature.
But the white shirt dress on Edie is perfect! I want it!

I agree with Lola! Her best work by far. Who knew she had it in her!

This looks really accomplished and sophisticated while still being playful. For the first time I see clothes here that actually have a sense of place and reality...her previous work has all still felt like a CSM experimentation project, but this looks like a real designer collection with broader appeal beyond London. It almost feels like a collection that Christopher Kane SHOULD be making at this stage of his career.

Those first few chartreuse looks...the little dress, the skirts worn with the daisy prints tops...those are sensational!

I'm sorry but I really don't like this and don't understand why she's considered London's it girl. Her clothes are some of the most unflattering I have ever seen! Who wants to look like that. I want clothes that make me feel beautiful and confident. It's like she doesn't know the way to create clothes that make women's shapes stand out in the right way.

I quite like it. Designers who rely on codes of sexiness should learn from her sense of playfulness because she just showed how to do skin-revealing looks without verging on vulgarity. She does have to fine-tune her approach of doing prints and embroideries, though. But her take on volumes, ruffles, and frocks are quite exceptional. The flamenco-inspired silhouette that sets the mood for a lot of the looks also prevents them from coming off too cutesy.

Stunning! Never been that much of fan of Molly, but this collection blew me away! The navy looks are so chic, as all we the white ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->