Most Overpriced Designer? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it really 4,800?? that's outrageous.
I've seen similar dyed fox fur stoles and tails in italian markets (the stalls sell leftover factory stock and slighty flawed pieces) and they are at most 100-150 euros.
In terms solely of difficulty of production and cost of raw material, a stole is hardly a challenge for a furrier and fox is not a rare pelt at all... I think someone went off the deep end calculating brand markup.:shock:

That price is ridiculous for some dyed fox, but Miucca knew what she was doing; she presented neon fur to contrast against her hospital attire collection, therefore giving everyone a prop to break up their Celine neutrals.
She presenting fur for spring in the bold way that the furriers didn't dare; matched with impeccable timing at the break up of the minimalism revival, she knew she had created a must-have item and so strung a hefty price-tag around it's tail.

^additionally, one must remember that prada sells nylon sacks for hundreds of dollars: did one really think she'd charge less for an even more exclusive item? and given the temperatures sweeping the northern united states in recent days, she's more than a style forecaster, she's a meteorologist!

And of course the €13,000 Balmain jacket and the €900 Balmain tank top would sell out on NAP within hours:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/115302
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/109670

But don't worry if you didn't get a chance to grab them, you can still get your hands on these lovely €3,600 hot pants! I mean, it's a total steal, no? B)
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/115310

For comparison's sake, there's also a great Gucci suede jacket on NAP with lots of details for €4,200:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/115277
How can a Gucci leather jacket be almost €10,000 less expensive than a Balmain one? So ridiculous.

chanel top, $13,420.

00360m.jpg

style.com

Lanvin sleeveless dress, £1,000 ($1,600)

Coral red sleeveless stretch dress with exposed brass toned back zipper closure. Round neckline. Open-edge detail on bottom hem.
  • 88% Polyamide, 12% Elastane

Sound like a pleb, but it seems rather a lot for a tank top with exposed zip.

^additionally, one must remember that prada sells nylon sacks for hundreds of dollars: did one really think she'd charge less for an even more exclusive item? and given the temperatures sweeping the northern united states in recent days, she's more than a style forecaster, she's a meteorologist!

Don't you know? Miucca IS God!:heart:

I can't believe this prices, i hate Balmian, i hate it:angry:

I think the chanel price makes the piece even more desirable :P ugh! bloody capitalism, it's incurable...

So what exactly makes that dress so special. ANd to be blunt it kinda cheep, like a hooker on the corner can wear it with some fish nets imo.

well since they fired Christophe will Balmain drop some of their price points? I know they wanted to make a cheaper line but Christophe refused, so maybe we'll see a change in the future H&M x Balmain :lol::rofl: never

Lanvin sleeveless dress, £1,000 ($1,600)

Coral red sleeveless stretch dress with exposed brass toned back zipper closure. Round neckline. Open-edge detail on bottom hem.
  • 88% Polyamide, 12% Elastane

*please do not quote images*

Sound like a pleb, but it seems rather a lot for a tank top with exposed zip.

So cheap for a dress! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So what exactly makes that dress so special. ANd to be blunt it kinda cheep, like a hooker on the corner can wear it with some fish nets imo.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The dress looks like something made in the factories of Forever 21. :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a sweatshirt, and a ugly one aswell. it's not a luxurious material, it's viscose. it has an ugly cheap-looking print on. It might be givenchy but it looks like something you could find at walmart.

it's € 1019.00.

luisaviaroma

^ What? Don't you see how innovative, refined and ingenious this sweatshirt is? High quality viscose, it's like the the new silk for 2011. :rofl:

j/k

It's the effing ugliest thing I've ever seen today. Besides it looks horribly unflattering regardless of the print and material, even more bulky than on runway.
Anyhow, it might be a bit more in other stores than the 1019 EUR since LVR has kinda low prices on everything. Mostly. :innocent:

The one with the bulldog on it sells at 300€, same material, so how do they justify the price for the one posted above?

i really hope with the arrival of Rousteing there will be no more slashing and pins! I never would have spent anything on Decarin's Balmain (i detested his aesthetic) but judging from the new Resort collection, The prices may stay the same but Balmain's reasoning behind the prices may be better!

An the Problem with Proenza and Rodarte's prices are that they are new Brands, and their clothes really are ingenious. All that work and hooks and eyes and ruffling and dying and technique that was in the Proenza Spring 2010 collection...impeccable.

Its the people like Dolce and Gabbana that charge $200 for a white vest top, Thats ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->