Most Overpriced Designer? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Versace is a bit expensive in my opinion.

This dress retails for $7,925.00 And it's not that exquisite looking. :innocent:

00440m.jpg

And I still think that the Balenciaga FW10 shoes are too overpriced. They retail for about $7000.00

00700m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^i tend to agree. especially in a recession, it's a brave move to debut $7k+ shoes. but some of those shoes are worth every penny seeing as NO ONE is doing ANYTHING like that in the world of "it" footwear. honestly, this is shoe as art.

00350m.jpg

does anyone know how much the nina ricci skyscrapers or the alexander mcqueen armadillos fetched?

00040m.jpg
00310m.jpg

(source: style.com)

No offense, but those last two should be in The Ugliest Shoes You've Ever Seen thread...

I don't think that's too overpriced on the Balenciaga shoes, it's a unique design with unusual mixed with exotic materials.

The armadillo crab-claws were about 5k-10kea (way worth it imo they are incredible) but not many pairs were manufactured and i read that after Lee died some were asked to be returned

how bout € 3500.00 for these givenchy... things?

luisaviaroma.com

^ Yikes -- They look sort of edible, like they were made out of pop rocks and red vines.

come now. this is the man who charges $1.50 for a no-name condom from his store. no joke. he knows how to rake in money on impulse purchases.
nothing to do with MJ clothing but...um...$1.50 for a condom isn't overpriced, anywhere where you can buy just ONE condom (mostly vending machines?) would cost that much or more; here in paris, a pack of 10 at the supermarket comes to about $1.50 each.

how bout € 3500.00 for these givenchy... things?

well worth it... see what happens when you click the heels together and say "there's no place like home..."

nothing to do with MJ clothing but...um...$1.50 for a condom isn't overpriced, anywhere where you can buy just ONE condom (mostly vending machines?) would cost that much or more; here in paris, a pack of 10 at the supermarket comes to about $1.50 each.

condoms don't cost that much here by a long shot. and i'm sure the marc jacobs condoms would cost more in euros.

I don't think MJ condoms are even sold in EU. Maybe they don't meet some guidelines.
In any case, Durex 3 pack usually costs 4,5-5 €. :innocent:

^yes, durex. i'm embarrassed that i bought the marc jacobs condoms as gifts, but they're not even durex. or trojan or anything. that's what makes them overpriced imho.

In New York you can get condoms for free so yes $1.50 for a condom is overpriced!!

From $7000 Balenciaga Art piece shoes to $1.50 MJ condoms? :lol:
I think it makes a big difference to talk about a fashion article which is 3 times overpriced and talking about a condom which cost's $1.50 instead of $1. :innocent:

Come on, let's get back to subject, EXPENSIVE FASHION! :woot:

^yes, my larger point is that marc jacobs marks up EVERYTHING....i didn't think anyone would argue the point. back to our fun game: how about a three thousand dollar brass necklace? yours by lanvin.

80575_in_dl.jpg

(source: net-a-porter.com)

aaaand Proenza Schouler makes a bold entrance into this thread... with a $300 cotton striped t-shirt!

queeee.jpg

barneys

I hope this doesn't make Abercrombie or American Eagle re-consider their pricing...

^ From the above description I've realized that this shirt resembles that $7 Tee I bought the other week that stretched to oblivion after one wash :rolleyes:

Stupid Barney's forgot the most important description about the Proenza t-shirt - it's bulletproof! That's why it costs $325. Trust me I work in the Proenza military division.

people complaining about mj condoms:

main_14561_1-js-condom.jpg

jeremy scott condoms 9 x 18$

openingceremony.com

^ Maybe they're extra large with padding.
But seriously guys, let's stick to fashion please? After all there's another thread for ridiculous designer items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->