Music that makes you cry

Randy Crawford- One Day I'll Fly Away
George Michael- I Can't Make You Love Me
Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes- Up Where We Belong (because of the ending of the movie) :rolleyes:
Carly Simone- Coming Around Again
Simon and Garfunkel- Bright Eyes
Elton John- Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
Peter Gabriel- In Your Eyes
Fleetwood Mac- Sara
Crowded house- Don't Dream it's Over
Mike and the mechanics- Over My Shoulder/ The Living Years
Alan Parson's Project- Don't Answer Me
Bryan Ferry- Slave to Love
Paul Young- Everytime You Go Away
Cyndi Lauper- Time After Time :heart:

Not that I cry my eyeballs out, but the most songs are old sentiment (I am an 80's chick ^_^) and there will be probably more songs..

oh my this song -- is the best
Eva cassidy -Bridge Over troubled Water.. I wonder the whole meaning of this song

"Field Below" by Regina Spektor always makes me come dangerously close to crying...it reminds me of the ending in Brokeback Mountain, which was also very sad.

"Amazing" by Seal will almost always threaten to make me cry tears of joy...it's kinda weird.

my never- blue october. everytime i watch the video from youtube of him performing it i always have the urge to cry

classical music makes me cry the most like:
- darcys letter, valerie, and atonement by dario marianelli
- the sixth station by joe hisaishi
- fight day by paul newman...

but some slow songs like:
- hawaii by meiko
- i found a reason by velvet underground
- violet hill by coldplay

I used to quite regularly listen to Leonard Cohen and bawl :cry:

He is a true genius of words.

Darkest Things by The Submarines is so haunting and beautiful..

So here we are...

lovers in a room..

breathing oxygen..still you fight it.

I've mentioned it before, but Thomas Newman's score for "Little Women" is probably the most stunning, heart wrenching/ warming, soul stirring music EVER composed. It just gets me every time and I never get tired of it. I tear up every time I listen to the soundtrack and I listen to it a LOT!

It's one of those rare things that makes you proud to be alive and inspires you to be a better person.

If you've never listened to it, I highly, highly, highly recommend it. It's seriously incredible. You feel as though you are hearing a story and the music captures the subtleties, delicacies, complexities, nuances and the ups and downs of human emotions so perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The scientist by Coldplay

but it's just because I listened to it when I last saw my grandmother in the hospital before she died.

Samson by Regina Spektor
and
Some where over the rainbow by Judy Garland.... and Eva Cassidy

both were played at my best friends funneral just under 5 months ago.

"Paddy's Gone" by Antony and the Johnsons turns me into a wreck! :(

oh my this song -- is the best
Eva cassidy -Bridge Over troubled Water.. I wonder the whole meaning of this song

I have no idea who this 'Eva Cassidy' is, but "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" was writen by Paul Simon & Art Garfunkle, released in 1970 and was one of the biggest songs of the 70's.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=247

"This was one of the few songs to top the US and UK charts at the same time. It was #1 in the US for 6 weeks, #1 in the UK for 3."

"In 1971, this won 5 Grammys: Song Of The Year, Record Of The Year, Best Contemporary Song, Best Engineered Record, and Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalists. The album also won Album Of The Year."

"Bridge Over Troubled Water was the last album Simon & Garfunkel released before they split up. It is the biggest selling ever for Columbia Records."

If you've never heard the original, you owe it to yourself to seek a copy of it and listen. It may be one of the greatest folk/pop songs of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->