My Cartier Tank Francaise

Liz5

Reaction score
Ok, so I want to upgrade my ladies size steel Tank Francaise for the mid-sized version.

Basically, I am looking for the most cost-effective (read: cheap) way to do it, but I want it to be legit too. Am afraid of eBay, etc.

I have the steel version with TWO leather croc bands (red and navy blue) to go with it. I've had it for 3 years and it's flawless.

First question: does anybody know if the leather bands will fit on a mid-size tank? Or do the Cartier bands come in 3 different sizes (ladies, mid, and mens?)

Any advice on how to go about sellling the small and purchasing the mid?

Thanks!

Liz5 said:
Ok, so I want to upgrade my ladies size steel Tank Francaise for the mid-sized version.

Basically, I am looking for the most cost-effective (read: cheap) way to do it, but I want it to be legit too. Am afraid of eBay, etc.

I have the steel version with TWO leather croc bands (red and navy blue) to go with it. I've had it for 3 years and it's flawless.

First question: does anybody know if the leather bands will fit on a mid-size tank? Or do the Cartier bands come in 3 different sizes (ladies, mid, and mens?)

Any advice on how to go about sellling the small and purchasing the mid?

Thanks!
I guess you can trade it for another one but you would have to pay the difference. Don't go to tourneau, too expensive.

I just got the medium-sized ladies Tank Francaise and I love it, good choice! But, I think the part of the face where the band attatches is bigger than that of the small model, so the bands would not fit the medium-size. I'm not totally sure, so of course check with a jeweler, but that's just what I remember when comparing the two and deciding which to get.

You can switch the bands on any Cartier tank. It takes about 30 seconds but I would still suggest bringing it to Tourneau or Cartier to have them do it, sometimes inexperienced people can scratch the watch with the tool that takes of the band. If your looking for an actual Carter band you can order them from Tourneau or Cartier but they are alot of money. There are tons of bands that will fit your watch from Tourneau though.Liz5- your bands wont fit on the mid size, they are too small.

Thanks all.

I am now finally ready (financially) to upgrade to the mid-size.

A watch dealer here in Boston offered me $1,000 for the small ladies tank, with two Cartier croc bands (one red, one navy). I feel like I could get a better price - especially because I am including the bands.

Ugh - don't know what to do. I am wearing my yucky watch now and am so frustrated because the battery on my tank is dead - for the SECOND time since I got the thing (4 years ago).

Anyway, I am hell-bent on trading that in and getting the mid-size.

Any thoughts on the price though? Maybe I should put it on eBay...

I just don't know how trust-worthy people would be there.

Also, not sure if this would make a difference but I bought the small watch from a jeweler (not Cartier) and it came with a warranty (it was never dated though) from Bailey Banks & Biddle. They no longer sell Cartier, but I know that they'll repair the watch free for lifetime. Do you think that will effect the pricing if I sell the warranty with the watch?

Thanks in advance.

GalleriaResident said:
I want a Cartier Francise Tank (mens) so you can actual switch out the bands on them?
Yes you can. I got one, looks cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VogueVoyager
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->