Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

xclusive

Reaction score
do u ever use home-made recepies like egg white or cucambers/tea bags?? if u do, which ones?

porridge oats mixed with hot water.......the squeezed creates a kinda milk. if u wash your hair with this milk it makes it very thick and good condition. and as for the oats left over, you can use them as a face and body scrub

Twice a week I use a mixture of aloe vera gel, water and olive oil in place of my regular cleanser. It really clears up my skin and takes care of my acne. If anyone is interested in it, let me know , and I'll give you the exact measurements.

once in a month i use honey as face mask- then wash it with warm water-- very good moistiriser, makes your face as soft as a baby

few homemade beauty recipes....

egg yolks as deep conditioning treatment. use the FRESHEST eggs the market has, even better if you find a chicken that just popped a few out :lol: . of course, that's impossible coz i live in the city, but great if you live on a farm. :wink:

milk. get a liter of milk or heavy cream and pour in warm bathwater. it's so rich.

heheh, yes i do play with my food.

but nothing beats a healthy diet, it's the best "beauty recipe"

:flower:

When I was younger I read about a banana mask for your hair, so me and my cousin did it. well this was not a good idea the banana got stuck in our hair. At the time i had short hair but ny cousin had long hair, and we spent hours combing it out.

Is it true that vinegar or beer is good for hair shine. I think you pour the vinegar into the final rinse?? Not too sure about the smell though :yuk:

Sugar facial!
Mix sugar and some face cream/soft soap !!!!
Rinse and presto! Clean -glowing- skin!

Yep, vinegar and cold water....everyone who's tried it swears by it....
I never noticed a big difference, but I have curly hair and put enough products in there to avoid the "puff ball syndrome".
The smell isn't that bad actually.

Originally posted by blumarine@Nov 24th, 2003 - 8:26 pm
Sugar facial!
r u sure?

Originally posted by franco+Nov 26th, 2003 - 12:08 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(franco @ Nov 26th, 2003 - 12:08 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-blumarine@Nov 24th, 2003 - 8:26 pm
Sugar facial!
r u sure? [/b][/quote]
Why? I mean ...I do it at least once a week ... I leave the masque on for 10-15 mins and then remove ... I haven't had any problems at all ... the sugar melts when applied to the skin and seal it ..you may remove it w/warm water to clean it up perfectly, though!

There are lots of recipes for moisturizers, facials, scrubs, hair conditioners and more using everyday household items (with an occassional strange herb here and there.)

I'd like to know what everyone has tried : what works, what doesn't??

As for me, I swear by baking soda for teeth whitening. I have actress-grade white teeth, and I vouch for it. Baking soda is an AMAZING stain remover/whitener. Just put some B. soda in a cup and dip your semi-wet (not too wet, or the water with just run down your chin. Think spit-damp) toothbrush in. Brush, but here's a hint: don't brush your back teeth. They're closer to your tongue and you'll taste the awful taste. Besides, no one sees those molars anyway...

Strawberries are also good for stain removal, but not as easy to use. Don't do this after brushing, it's nasty tasing. Just grin, look in the mirror and scrub a strawberry across your teeth. Then eat it. :D

Petrolium jelly (Vaseline) is a great joint/hands/feet moisturizer. And lipgloss.

Now I'm off to go try a coffee facial... I'll let you know how it goes..

vaseline attracts dirt, never use it on lips or eyelashes, esp. on eyelashes. my friend got eye infection from using it there.

^^ Yikes. didn't know that. when my lips are dry i use it overnight. never in the day.

PS-sorry about the hideous typo in the title :ninja:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Aug 8 2004, 04:02 PM
Now I'm off to go try a coffee facial... I'll let you know how it goes..
[snapback]325403[/snapback]​

What do you add to the coffee and what are the benefits? I'm really curious. Let us know how it went, TheSoCalledPrep.

i've just tried this for the first today!! using white sugar as a nose scrub! i actually saw some results! some blackheads were gone :shock: ! what you do is simply rub some whit4e sugar onto your nose in circular motions after you've washed you face (your nose should be slightly damp), then rinse away the sugar once you've done!

Originally posted by neko.neko@Aug 10 2004, 11:56 PM
i've just tried this for the first today!! using white sugar as a nose scrub! i actually saw some results! some blackheads were gone :shock: ! what you do is simply rub some whit4e sugar onto your nose in circular motions after you've washed you face (your nose should be slightly damp), then rinse away the sugar once you've done!
[snapback]327986[/snapback]​

Eeep no don't use sugar! Salt is better. And it has antibacterial and healing properties.

I have this book that has all these great DIY beauty recipes that are fantastic.

All I can remember off the top of my head is no sugar or honey on your face/skin. I'll look up the reasons for you guys tomorrow.

I thought honey was a natural healing agent? I used to use it on my blisters from ballet... it used to work really well...

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@Aug 10 2004, 10:33 PM
Eeep no don't use sugar! Salt is better. And it has antibacterial and healing properties.

I have this book that has all these great DIY beauty recipes that are fantastic.

All I can remember off the top of my head is no sugar or honey on your face/skin. I'll look up the reasons for you guys tomorrow.
[snapback]327997[/snapback]​

eeek! good thing you stopped me in time!! but then sugar and honey do sound pretty harmless...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->