Natural & Household Beauty Recipes

WOW! The baking soda worked extremely well, much better than all the nasty tasting Whitestrips, etc. I've tried. Thanks TheSoCalledPrep! :flower: :heart:

I love mashing up an orange or tangerine and using it as a face mask -- the Vitamin C always makes my skin look glowing and fresh. Sometimes I mix a little honey in it.

Tea tree oil on zits works better than anything else I have ever tried.

Oatmeal bath: I love making a little pouch, filling it with oatmeal, and letting the water for my bath run through it. It's so relaxing and my skin gets sooo soft!

Originally posted by mehg@Aug 16 2004, 01:44 AM
I've heard rubbing warm coffee grinds on your thighs, wrapping in saran wrap, than rinsing off will help with cellulite because caffeine (found in almost all cellulite products) stimulates something. I got that from Shape so I think it's fairly reliable though caffeine results never last that long.
[snapback]333791[/snapback]​

Caffiene is a diuretic, so it probably makes you pee out any water you have been retaining. Cellulite will tend to look lumpier when you are retaining water.

Originally posted by eloes@Aug 12 2004, 11:06 PM
I've heard that lemon juice and tothepaste are good but I'm not sure what works...

[snapback]330347[/snapback]​

I've tried both and can say neither work. The lemon juice dried up my nose and made it peely and gross for a week! :yuk:
As for the toothpaste, has absolutely no effect at all.
But that was just me.

Vitamin E oil is just amazing... I use it on all my super-dry places before I got to bed and it makes everything super duper soft...

natural yogurt is meant to be good for ur face,i have read it in a magazine,u leave it on till it gets really dry,then of course wash it off,i have used a fresh strawberry and put it on my face aswell, its all good to eat so it should b good 4 your skin too. :wink: :wink: :wink:

for soft lips, rub some Vaseline on your lips, then gently rub with an old tooth brush just enough to remove excess skin, and finally dab some honey on your lips
Try this for 3-4 nites in a row

...I always end up licking off all the honey and have to re-apply :rolleyes: - used an old lip balm container to keep the honey.

Don't use lemons on your teeth! My bf was trying to do that one night, and while he had it in his mouth, he was reading up about what lemon can do for teeth bleaching. It said it wasn't good for your teeth or something and he spit out the lemon after like a minute of having it inside his mouth.

Use dark choclate to help reduce scaring....the scar has to be fresh though. Does not work to well on old scars.

What works for older scars? I have spots from playing with pimples :doh:

--
Mix olive oil and rough salt for a body scrub

My friend swears by garlic cloves for stronger nails, just rub them into each nail..if you can tolerate the stink :sick:

Eyes: Grate a slice or two of peeled cucumber, mix with powder milk mix and form a pasty thing. Close eyelids and apply over eyes...leave for ten minutes and rinse off, then apply your eyecream, or some jojoba oil.

Originally posted by Love4Armani@Aug 9 2004, 01:57 AM
vaseline attracts dirt, never use it on lips or eyelashes, esp. on eyelashes. my friend got eye infection from using it there.
[snapback]325451[/snapback]​
#
I think your friend would have got the infection anyway....i've been rubbing a small amount of vaseline into my upper eyelashes once a week for about 8 years, and the state of my eyelashes is great. Of course you shouldn't use much, but it protects and doesn't irritate. I think your friend must have rubbed the whole pot into their eyes......

Originally posted by Meg@Aug 16 2004, 01:44 AM
I've heard rubbing warm coffee grinds on your thighs, wrapping in saran wrap, than rinsing off will help with cellulite because caffeine (found in almost all cellulite products) stimulates something. I got that from Shape so I think it's fairly reliable though caffeine results never last that long.
[snapback]333791[/snapback]​

I'm going to try this before I wear some of my mini skirts. I bet this would be great to do in the summer when I am always in a swimsuit.

ooo i've got this nifty DIY Beauty book my friend got me ages ago. It's all organized into sections (hair, makeup, hair removal, feel good beauty, and the top natural beauty things and how to use it). i'll try to scour out the tips and type up as much of it as i can section by section and post it here. so today: hair!

Hair Mask: Mash together equal portions of avocado, coconut milk, and oatmeal in a bowl. Dip in a wide-toothed comb and apply an even coat through DRY hair. Leave in for 20 min then rinse out and follow with regular shampoo/conditioning regime.

Hair sunscreen/moisturizer: Fill plastic spray bottle with 1cup water, 1 tablespoon of suncreen spf 15 or higher, and 1 tablespoon of your conditioner. Shake and spritz in your hair before and during your time in the sun to protect and moisturize. [I've tried this one before and it works really well. The heat from the sun helps open up your hair cuticles so that the conditioner can penetrate your hair shaft.]

Olive oil: Heat a pan of cold pressed olive oil and apply to hair once a week for 5 minutes.

Mayonaise: Coat hair with mayonaise and leave in for an hour. Follow up with reglar shampoo/conditioning regime.

Gelatin- Use plain gelatin for hair gel. It's a protien made from cow hooves which has great conditioning properties.

Egg whites- ditto above for use as hairgel with protiens

Cranberry juice: Mix a half cup of cranberry juice and a half cup of water together and use to rinse hair. Cranberries have high ammounts of antioxidants to protect you hair from the sun. Use in moderation.

Mint tea: Rinse hair with cold mint tea (same blurb about ntioxidants as above ^)

Macadamia oil: Dab onto palms and rub together to warm, then smooth it onto the ends ov your hair for split end treatment.

oh blah i have more time so i'll do skin as well. :P :innocent: :blush:

Teabags: Use a warm green, chamomile or black tea teabag under your eyes to get rid of bags.

Avocado+Glycerin: Mix together half an avocado and a teaspoon of glycerin and slather onto skin to moisturize. Let sit for 5 min and rinse off.

Milk: Soak a clean washcloth in cold milk and lay on your face for a few minutes for a porcelain look.

Baking soda: Add one teaspoon baking soda with 2 teaspoons salt into your bath to gently exfoliate skin (says to make it as salty as sea water). Warning: don't add in the baking soda if you are prone to yeast infections.

Mouthwash: Apply to zits to disinfect and dry out.

Yogurt and Oatmeal mask/scrub: Mix equal parts and apply on skin for 10 minutes to soften and moistuize. When rinsing off rub to exfoliate.

Tea tree oil: Dab onto skin with a cottonball for blemish treatment.

Witch hazel: natural astringent and especially beneficial to those with acne-prone skin.

Eyedrops: Apply to zits to reduce redness.

Skin No Nos: Honey- Clogs pores. Sugar-too abrasive. Mineral oil-clogs pores.

Baths

Baking soda: Add a baking soda to you shampoo to make a hair cleanser for hair weighted down with hair products.

Tomatoes: Fill bath halfway and cut a dozen tomatoes in half and swish around in the water. Get in and rub the tomatoes on your skin, even your face. Tomatoes contain fruit acids which will refresh and smooth out your skin. Good for blancing oily skin.

Salt: Add favorite essential oil to a clump of emsom salts. Sit on the side of the bath and exfoliate your skin while you're still dry. when done sit, soak, and enjoy.

Milk: Add 1 quart of full fat milk to your tub. Stir and soak while the lactic acids smooth and moisturize your skin.

will post a bit more later...it's not very big book and i'm already almost done :shock: :woot: :lol: :flower:

Half a lemon for cleaning fingernails if a red varnish has stained them. Just stick your finger in and twizzle it round (as the actress said to the bishop).

Aspirin face mask is FAB. Will have to post a link tomorrow because I am literally falling asleep at this computer.

A good body scrub: Equal parts oatmeal, brown sugar and salt and a few dribbles of your favourite essetnial oil mixed together. Lather over body and rinse off with water and youll have baby smooth skin in no time.

toothpaste + gentle brushing with ur toothbrush
makes your nails look shiny and white. :smile:

coconut oil can make your tresses thicker and shinier... you just apply it on your dry hair then leave it for 30 minutes to an hour, then rinse rinse rinse.

watermelon. it can be applied on your face. it helps moisturize ur skin, and it's refreshing.

since i have oily skin, oatmeal mask works for me!
mix oatmeal and tap water and make a creamy paste. apply to face and let dry for 15 mins. rinse well with water. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->