Non-Leather & Vegan Handbags

I say Stella mcCartney bags too.

That Matt & nat bag looks just like the Mulberry Roxy bag.

This is an awesome thread for me because I am a vegetarian also and do not wear animal products (I'm not a vegan).

Anyways Old Navy, while inexpensive, has some cool bags. I'm going to start making my own though because I get exactly what I want-which actually is a good bet for anyone else like me.

juanitagallagher said:
or Crystalyn Kae bags - www.crystalynkae.com i bought a hobo bag for myself and I think hteres new styles now.
wow, i love the stuff. i would buy those and im definately not vegan.

the flower bags on the first page are stunning

cardboardboxed said:
I just use a regular fabric bag, not designer or anything...

same goes for me..i have a bag or two that are cheap vintage finds.

but i like that matt and nat bag, oh my pretty =) ...maybe for new years i can get it for myself..haha

i really like that matt & nat bag... then i figured out why: it looks exactly the same as the Mulberry roxy. Obviously it's not supposed to be a fake, but the whole bag is teh same except for the hardware. i just compared photos.

If you are looking to buy it, buy it from the MooShoes site. It's $20 cheaper than the mat&nat site.

Ughhh vera bradley bags need to be burned.

^^ thanks for the tip.

Roxy wannabe, I know. :blush: I figured since it was vegan that being a knockoff wasnt such a bad thing. However, am totally lusting after the real deal so might get both. I just love the teal trim.

For me I found a good bag at a fabric store-not a sewing bag but an actual boucle purse-and I love it.

I have to say that the market for vegan bags is pitifully small.

I have two matt and nat bags - love them and they are very reasonably priced. Vancouver people can buy them at Brier's on 4th ave

I've been trying to quit buying leather bags (which I absolutely love), but all the leather-like bags seem to be made of PVC, which I've just now learned is pretty much toxic/poisonous to the environment. I don't want to hurt animals, but I also don't want to trash the earth; It's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Kate spade does tons of non-leather bags. I know she's sort of passe, but some of her bags are still a bit cute.

There are tons of PVC bags out there that cater to the vegetarian bag lovers out there.

I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS FOR QUITE A WHILE...and while leather bags are dead animals....synthetic bags and the process that they go through to manufacture those synthetics are way more harmful to the environment as a whole than killing animals for their skins....but i do agree with spiralsnowman...between a rock and a hardplace....or a ball of melted plastic VS a carcass....

irmati said:
Yes, that Matt & Nat bag is very nice!

Shame its a total knock off of a Mulberry 'Roxanne' bag though!

That makes it a tacky pleather counterfeit bag to me rather than a cool 'vegetarian' bag . . .

^ I have the same impression.

I'm going to buy this bag by Matt & Nat. (The brown one)

mattetnat7gr.jpg

La bordélique said:
^ I have the same impression.

I'm going to buy this bag by Matt & Nat. (The brown one)

mattetnat7gr.jpg

Oh dear. Sorry to tell you that this is a knock off of a Mulberry bag too. Its the 'Eastwood' bag. Check the original out on-line at www.mulberry.com

Its the bag Will Young has been carrying recently. Its quite big, like a weekend bag.

Sadly the original is only in leather I think?

Matt & Natt are obviously Mulberry fans!

:P

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->