Orlando, Florida

Millenia Mall is nice. I found the service at the Boutiques as well as Neiman Marcus to be top notch. I usually always get snubbed at NM and the SAs in Orlando were great!!! Joesph in the Dior Boutique won my heart and instantly sold me a perfect bag. He's worth asking for while in Orlando. I wish I had more time at this mall when I was in town.

I was excited to check out the Orlando Premium Outlets, as I love the Premium Outlets in Las Vegas but this was a HUGE disappointment. I left with nothing except a headache. I couldn't believe the condition of merchandise in these stores (ripped, stained, snagged) and of course some of the styles were at least 6 seasons old. Of the stuff there worthy of even looking at the sale prices were higher than Saks' last year's clearance price. I would skip the Outlets.

Ianastar said:
Well I discovered that the Nordstroms in Florida Mall has a very poor men's shoe selection. No major brands like Gucci, Prada etc.

And I couldn't see if they had a Kiehls counter or not. I'll have to venture back to look again.

I plan on tearing through the Mall at Millenia this coming week. Can't wait to really see whats there.

That Nordstrom is horrible. I used to work at the one in Tysons Corner, VA and they had all of the top designers in salon shoes. If they didnt have something I wanted they would always order for me from the salon shoe look book. About 2 weeks ago I went to the FL mall Nordys to see if I could order some shoes from the salon shoe look book and they didnt even have one! Either that or the SA was just completely out of it. I ended up at Neiman's at Millenia and found the shoes I wanted so it all worked out.

The first thing I noticed when I moved here was that the FL mall is full of tourists, so I will only go there when it first opens b/c it gets so packed you can hardly walk!

Fashion week starts tomorrow at the Mall @ Millenia:

OCTOBER 24 - 28 - Fashion Week at The Mall at Millenia

Featured stores will be hosting in-store activities such as trunk shows, guest appearances and champagne receptions Tuesday through Saturday. An invitation only reception and fashion show will be held on Friday at 6 p.m. On Saturday, the public is invited to attend a heart pumping live fall fashion show plus a spring 2007 trends presentation featuring video footage from shows in NY, Milan, London, and Paris at 1 p.m. in Grand Court. World-renowned fashion trend forecaster, David Wolfe, will enthusiastically host the event.
Fashion Week Schedule of Events
Monday, October 23 – Saturday, October 28
Neiman Marcus - Suna Brothers Precious Jewelry Trunk Show
Neiman Marcus - Piaget Precious Watch & Jewelry Trunk Show
Tuesday, October 24 - Wednesday, October 25
Neiman Marcus - Rena Lange Couture Trunk Show
Tuesday, October 24 – Saturday, October 28
MaxStudio.com - Special prize drawing & storewide savings
Tiffany & Co. - Newest collection by Frank Gehry
Thursday, October 26
Chanel - Cruise ‘07 Collection Trunk Show
Neiman Marcus - Liancarlo Couture Evening Gown Trunk Show
Furla - Gift with purchase
Friday, October 27
Betsey Johnson – Fashion party for adults
Burberry – Celebrate the 150th Anniversary with the introduction of
The Burberry Icons Collection
Chanel – Cruise ‘07 Collection Trunk Show & champagne
Cole Haan – Limited Edition Trunk Show & gift with purchase
David Yurman – Experience a fashion photo shoot in David Yurman jewelry
Dior – Fine Jewelry Trunk Show
Furla – Gift with purchase & refreshments
Gucci – Cocktail reception
Louis Vuitton - Trunk Show
St. John Boutique – Cocktails and formal modeling
Jimmy Choo - Cruise ‘06 Collection Preview
Neiman Marcus - Liancarlo Couture Evening Gown Trunk Show
Saturday, October 28
1:00 P.M. - FASHION SHOW in Grand Court presented by THE MALL AT MILLENIA
Betsey Johnson - Fashion party for teens
Furla - Gift with purchase
Nieman Marcus - Runway Beauty Event in Cosmetics Department

Has anyone found any boutiques here yet? I have only found Stahli Boutique off of Alafaya Trail and Zou Zou Boutique downtown.

I'm off to Florida at the end of August, can anyone recommend any good outlets I should be heading to?

The main outlets here are the Premium Outlets (located near Downtown Disney) and the Prime Outlets (located on International Dr.). I prefer the Premium ones since they are all in once place vs. the Prime which you have to trek back and forth across the street to get to a certain store at times. The Prime Outlets are currently being renovated and should be completed within the next 2 weeks and will have some stores worth checking out every once and a while when complete. Located on the opposite end of International Dr. (towards SeaWorld) you can also check out Pointe Orlando for some light shopping, dinner or a movie. They have just finished remodeling as well.

Enjoy your trip!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree...if you really want to shop take the 3 hr trip to Miami! I hope to go back down there soon :cool:

Yes, I miss the YSL boutique in Bal Harbor.

I cant beleive that there is not one in Boston.

Things are slightly getting better here shopping wise...

So far I have found some decent boutiques in downtown Winter Park:

Ginger
Tuni's
Sultre
Thread

There recently was a huge sample sale at the Farmer's market there so I picked up some good stuff.

Around the downtown area I have found the Merrigan's & Courtney K. Couture boutiques.

The Prime Outlets have gotten a huge re-model and are so much better than before. There is a new Saks/Neiman's outlet and a lot of good shopping there.

At the Millenia Mall we finally got an Intermix which has a good selection of items you can't find in the boutiques around here.

How was the remodel of the Pointe? Any cool new stores there?

I'll be down in October for four-five days

Well Pointe Orlando has been completed. They have put some new restaraunts in and a really nice IMAX theatre...its so cool. Here is the website. A popular restaraunt thats been getting a lot of buzz is Taverna Opa. Napkins get thrown all over the floor during the performances and ppl dance on tables!

You remember how the Prime outlets were spread out in like 5 diff locations? Well now its all one location at the very end of International. Check out the site and store list here.

I went to your old Saks last week....the Chanel boutique is now gone. They weren't selling enough product to keep it so it was yanked from the store. So sad.

When I was working there...there were rumors that that Saks might not be there very long either.

With the Chanel boutique (full size) at the new mall, it's no suprise they took out the boutique at Saks.

Has anyone been to Downeast Orvis or Bass Pro Shops in search of Barbour clothing/accessories? I'm looking for a classic Barbour coat and those are the closest places to Tampa. Anyone familiar with them?

going to Florida next month. We will stay in Kissimmee.
We have been there 2 times before. but any insider advices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->