Outlets around the world!

Phyris

Reaction score
Hi,

I didn't manage to find a thread dedicated to outlets around the world, so thought i'd start one. Feel free to list down all the outlets store you've heard of, or been to, so that people who are travelling there can visit and grab some good deals!

I am planning a trip to Europe in Aug, and have been trying to find outlets to shop, especially brands like Chanel, Gucci, etc..but haven't managed to find out much. Please provide address/details of any brands at all, anywhere around the world!

The only 2 outlet's i've been to are in US.

1. Waterloo Premium Outlets
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=9
They've got a wide variety of things there, and it's less touristy, so there are more sizes to buy, especially from brands that are more popular.

2. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7
Probably the most well known outlet to the world, contains great deals, amazing steals truly. After visiting this outlet, I didn't want to shop in stores again.

A lot of the outlet malls I've been to are kind of terrible. Gap Outlet, BR Outlet, Ann Taylor Loft, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. The best outlets in the US are ones with Nordstrom Rock, Last Call Neimans, or Off Fifth Avenue. I don't believe there are too many "designer" specific outlets in the US.

Best outlet I've been to so far is the Desert Hills Premium Outlets at Cabazon, CA (just outside of Palm Springs for those of you unfamiliar. It's part of the Chelsea Premium Outlets group. www.premiumoutlets.com
OMG! Prada, Tod's, Ferragamo, Sergio Rossi, Bottega Veneta, TSE Cashmere, Gucci, Dior, Diane Von Furstenberg, Jimmy Choo, YSL, St. John plus an Off 5th SFA and a Barney's Outlet (which personally I thought sucked). Plus all the usual outlet mall fare (Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Cole Haan etc) Go at US Thanksgiving if you want Ferragamo flats for $70 or a Tod's bag for $250. I can't even talk about it, it just makes me cry. You people that get to go there with any regularity have no idea how lucky you are. I think there is one "true" outlet mall in my country and it's a five hour plane ride away! And I can guarantee you it probably blows serious chunks!
*Las Vegas Premium Outlets is pretty decent too, especially now that they have a Ferragamo and a Missoni outlet. Be mindful though that it's outdoor so be prepared if going in the summer. Funny though how sometimes you can't feel the 114 degree heat when you've got bags full of bargain designer merchandise!

Next great outlet is Fashion Outlets of Las Vegas. www.fashionoutletlasvegas.com Worth the 40min drive from the strip just for the Tod's, Bally, St. John and Neiman Marcus Last Call. Other than those, the rest of the stores are all pretty standard outlet mall fare - Coach, Nike, etc. Better yet, take your clubs and go play the Lakes Course at Primm Valley GC then go shopping after! In the other direction from the strip (not north, but southeast) is Henderson and there is a great Nordstrom Rack there in a mall with an Ulta Beauty and I think if I remember correctly the biggest Target I have ever seen.

Desert Hills and Woodbury Commons are the two PRIMO outlet malls in the US. (I hear the one in Orlando is pretty decent too) Definitely worth a trip for JUST the shopping. I don't know what would happen if I went to the one in New York. I would need to travel with a cardiologist, there's not enough heart medication in the world to stop my palpitations.

I recently took a trip to Italy and visited "The Mall", in Leccio Reggello, near Florence. It was outdoors and had a nice array of stores, with fairly decent prices.

It carried: Gucci, Armani, Yves Saint Laurent, Sergio Rossi, Loro Piana, Bottega Veneta, Ferragamo, Valentino, Ungaro, Zegna, La Perla, Hogan, Tod's, Agnona, Fendi, I Pinco Pallino, Marni, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney, Yohji Yamamoto, Y-3, Balenciaga, Emilio Pucci.

I love Woodbury Commons!!! In New England there are the Wrentham Outlets, but they pale in comparison to Woodbury...

Which is better - Desert Hills or Woodbury? Or are they both very similar?

bicester village has definitely gotten a lot better and bigger since it opened up! I have got some lovely Marni and Celine and Ferragamo pieces there..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->