Pale / Fair Skin - What Are Your Fave Products? #2

Pale / Fair Skin - What are your fave products?

ok, this is for the benefit of the pale girls. and im not talking about someone who hasnt seen the sun for a while, im talking about people (like me) who burn when they enter the sun, and have translucent skin.
so my question for you is, what are you fav makeup products to enhance and flatter your 'whiteness'

for me its:

chanel blanc de universel
benefit high beam
guerlain les meteorites compact

The Chanel Bronze Universel is awesome, I'm a bit more yellow though.

does anyone know a good sunblock for your face? my moisturiser has a little spf in it, but my skin is actually white. thing is I can be acne-prone and hate using sunblock on my face, but with such pale skin I don't really think I have any other option. any good ones that are suitable for us pale girls but don't break you out? :flower:

does anyone know a good sunblock for your face? my moisturiser has a little spf in it, but my skin is actually white. thing is I can be acne-prone and hate using sunblock on my face, but with such pale skin I don't really think I have any other option. any good ones that are suitable for us pale girls but don't break you out? :flower:

Shiseido makes my favorite at the moment. It does well under make-up, isn't greasy, and doesn't break me out.
I'm on the search for it's equal in quality, but with a smaller price tag.:lol:

^Second the Shiseido rec. I have translucent skin (natural redhead, ultra pale to the point that the lightest shades of most brands are too dark for my skin) that's insanely sensitive to sun, and I love this stuff. Go for the lotion, not the cream, it's thinner and won't cause break outs. I had to switch to a straight up sunblock because I needed the higher SPF, but if you're not as sun sensitive you could try using a light primer with SPF (they usually range from like 15-25).

On the subject of translucent skin, anyone have a recommendation for a super fair brow powder? Right now I'm using the lighter color in the lightest blond shade from Anastasia (I have red hair but blond brows and the red toned shades look awful on me anyways) and it's still too dark on me. Great for nighttime but I need something that's a true light blond for day. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

^Makeup products never contain the amount of SPF they claim to, I would NEVER rely on a foundation or primer for SPF. No one should.

I've got a tan. I'm now NW20 instead of NW15. :rofl:

Haha, I got one too :P, but an NC20 instead of NC15.

Since our skintone is almost the same, what shade in Bobbi brown corrector/concealer do you use? I want to try it out in London but have absolutely no experience with BB.

I'm Light Biscue in the corrector and Cool Sand in the concealer...unfortunately I have Sand which is slightly too dark for me at the moment :(

Shiseido makes my favorite at the moment. It does well under make-up, isn't greasy, and doesn't break me out.
I'm on the search for it's equal in quality, but with a smaller price tag.:lol:

^Second the Shiseido rec. I have translucent skin (natural redhead, ultra pale to the point that the lightest shades of most brands are too dark for my skin) that's insanely sensitive to sun, and I love this stuff. Go for the lotion, not the cream, it's thinner and won't cause break outs. I had to switch to a straight up sunblock because I needed the higher SPF, but if you're not as sun sensitive you could try using a light primer with SPF (they usually range from like 15-25).

both my primer and moisturiser are spf 15, but like someone else said, they're never as good protection as proper sunblock.
hmm the shiseido is pretty expensive..but usually with products like that a little goes a long way? I'm going to festivals this year so would get my use out of it
thanks for the suggestion ^_^

An spf moisterizer for oily skin? I like to use the body shop seaweed line's spf moisterizer. It only has 15 though! When I go to the beach and need more coverage - neutrogena sensitive skin moisterizer. This is spf 30, but goes higher. Any thing sensitive won't have much else besides the basic formula, so look for this and then add something for oiliness + breakouts. I always add a drop of tea tree oil and mix with the sunblock before I put it on.

Can't you just use a proper sunblock without using moisturizer first if you have oily skin?

On the subject of translucent skin, anyone have a recommendation for a super fair brow powder? Right now I'm using the lighter color in the lightest blond shade from Anastasia (I have red hair but blond brows and the red toned shades look awful on me anyways) and it's still too dark on me. Great for nighttime but I need something that's a true light blond for day. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I seem to always be in search of a good brow pencil/powder, as well. I am a redhead too, but on the brown-ish side. I agree some pencils for redheads can look clownish!:shock:
My sisters are blonde though, and they tend to go for taupe colors for their brows. That way it looks more natural. Perhaps a warm-taupey color for your particular need. :lol:
One of my sisters does use this one in the shade "hazel":
http://www.rimmellondon.com/us/en/products/professional-eyebrow-pencil/
I don't know if this will help at all, but it's the only one I can think of.
You can always use any eyeshadow with an angled brush. (I'm assuming you have a good brush for brows, based on your question^_^)

My red head friend also uses that Rimmel pencil. Looks exactly like the colour of her hair so it's very natural.

I use this eyeliner from Paul & Joe in "bronze", although it's more of a dark golden shade and it works perfectly fine with my brows. I'm not a fan of brow powder, I never get it right. :doh:

pauljoeautumn2010.png

beyondjealous/wordpress.com

Thanks guys! I did pencils for a long time but I prefer brow powder. My skin is just so insanely pale that even light pencils look pretty harsh. It's easier to blend, blend, blend away and get a softer look with powder - although it's definitely more time consuming.

You can always use any eyeshadow with an angled brush.
And now I feel like an idiot. I have a lovely brush but that had never occurred to me. Maybe I should actually start reading the beauty sections in magazines instead of just looking at the pictures and thinking 'ooooh, pretty!'

And now I feel like an idiot. I have a lovely brush but that had never occurred to me. Maybe I should actually start reading the beauty sections in magazines instead of just looking at the pictures and thinking 'ooooh, pretty!'

You're not alone! The only reason I know that is because I was getting my makeup done for a wedding a few years ago and the Makeup artist filled my brows with eyeshadow.
I thought she was a genius! :lol: My brows had never looked so perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->